N. Korea hacks Sony in revenge for Seth Rogen's film "The Interview"

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2014, 03:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 08:39:17 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 12, 2014, 01:22:17 AM
:lol:

Angelina wants to do an Elizabeth Taylor-esque Cleopatra egostravaganza for herself.

Yeah that was news in... Summer?

...of 2011.

She's been trying to get that movie off the ground for years.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on December 12, 2014, 12:10:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 08:39:17 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 12, 2014, 01:22:17 AM
:lol:

Angelina wants to do an Elizabeth Taylor-esque Cleopatra egostravaganza for herself.

Yeah that was news in... Summer?

...of 2011.

She's been trying to get that movie off the ground for years.

Yeah I knew it was old news, just couldn't remember how old. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Well, studio execs appear to be worse then anyone could even have imagined.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

C posted a little on this.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-interview-new-york-premiere-canceled-after-105420214757.html

Quote'The Interview' New York Premiere Canceled After Threat

The Interview's planned premiere in New York has been canceled, a Landmark spokesperson said Tuesday. The Sony film was scheduled to screen at Landmark's Sunshine Cinema.

On principle, Sony was not going to cancel the premiere, but ultimately Landmark made the call, according to a source.

The news comes after stars Seth Rogen and James Franco canceled promotional appearances slated for Tuesday and Wednesday.

The premiere cancellation is the latest development following a Nov. 24 cyberattack on Sony. On Tuesday, hackers released additional data, invoking the terror incidents of Sept. 11, 2011, in an email to reporters.

"Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made," the message from the hackers read in part. "The world will be full of fear. Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time. (If your house is nearby, you'd better leave.)"

Sony discussed the situation with theater owners Tuesday, telling those that had booked The Interview that though it would move forward with the film's release, exhibitors were free to decide not to show the film if they chose. On Tuesday evening, Carmike Cinemas decided to cancel its screenings of the film, as did the Los Angeles-area ArcLight Cinemas.

Also on Tuesday, the Department of Homeland Security said it found no evidence that there was an active plot targeting movie theaters in the United States.

The Interview, which centers on a plot to kill North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, had a premiere in Los Angeles last week.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Cowards.

In the future, the only movies allowed will be WarGames and Blackhat.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

That is really fucked up.  I hope another group of hackers puts it out on the web.

garbon

celedhring

Well, I guess I should be happy that North Korea finally puts an end to Franco and Rogen's reign of terror, but still, these hackers shouldn't have got what they wanted. It's a huge defeat and will only encourage more cyber-terrorism of the same kind.