N. Korea hacks Sony in revenge for Seth Rogen's film "The Interview"

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2014, 03:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2014, 07:10:24 PM
I'm so tired of Seth Rogan

Well yes, he's fat, unfunny and talentless but to bow out like a pussy now is a disgrace.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

frunk

Quote from: dps on December 17, 2014, 07:14:04 PM
Materially we're the strongest nation the earth has ever seen.  Too bad we're so dang weak-willed and spineless.

It's a company/companies.  It's a business decision.  I don't expect bravery from them, and it would be about the last place I'd go looking for it.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on December 17, 2014, 06:14:53 PM
Well, I guess I should be happy that North Korea finally puts an end to Franco and Rogen's reign of terror, but still, these hackers shouldn't have got what they wanted. It's a huge defeat and will only encourage more cyber-terrorism of the same kind.

The true Reign of Terror is that of Adam Sandler. Even Sony's employees seemed to agree.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

celedhring

Josephus

I thought I was the only one who's not a fan of Seth Rogan.

I can't really comment on his films cause, like, I haven't seen any. BUT, I've seen him interviewed and he comes across like this hipster wanna be. And his annoying "laughing at his own jokes."
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

alfred russel

Supposedly lawyers are part of the problem. There were concerns of legal liability if anything happened at the theaters.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josephus

Quote from: alfred russel on December 17, 2014, 07:30:35 PM
Supposedly lawyers are part of the problem. There were concerns of legal liability if anything happened at the theaters.

Lawyers. they take the fun out of everything,
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Legbiter on December 17, 2014, 07:05:46 PM
Stand up for your art. Jesus.
If the movie theaters pulled out I'm not sure what Sony can do about it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on December 17, 2014, 07:28:59 PM
I can't really comment on his films cause, like, I haven't seen any.

Generally they're mildly amusing at best. This one looks like it has potential though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

He works much, much better as the fat stoner sidekick than as the lead.

dps

Quote from: Josephus on December 17, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Lawyers. they take the fun out of everything,

Shakespeare gave us a solution for that, if only we'd follow his suggestion.

LaCroix

:hmm: