N. Korea hacks Sony in revenge for Seth Rogen's film "The Interview"

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2014, 03:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on December 17, 2014, 06:14:53 PM
Well, I guess I should be happy that North Korea finally puts an end to Franco and Rogen's reign of terror, but still, these hackers shouldn't have got what they wanted. It's a huge defeat and will only encourage more cyber-terrorism of the same kind.

From what I see Sony wanted to still release it but most movie theater chains pulled out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Seriously, I'm bummed. I'm going to here for Christmas because my Judas sister is coming home and I won't see her, so it would've been nice to laugh with Franco and Rogen on Xmas Day. The DPRK is a genital wart on the micropenis of humanity.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2014, 06:14:40 PM
Just saw they have declared NK responsible.

Yeah, but the attack apparently originated from outside of NK.  My bet is 6 guys in a basement in Singapore.

celedhring

I'm still shocked that in this day and age, threat of violence can stop freedom of expression in a western nation (the strongest of them all, too).

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on December 17, 2014, 06:48:51 PM
I'm still shocked that in this day and age, threat of violence can stop freedom of expression in a western nation (the strongest of them all, too).

Yeah, it's only going to encourage this sort of thing in the future.  Less Grossman would never allow this to happen.

frunk

I think there should be mass viewings of Team America: World Police on Christmas Day as protest.  Fun for the whole family, esp. the puppet sex scene.

Ideologue

You are? We're weak. I've been telling (the general) you that for years.
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Yeah, I'm not convinced this is a North Korean thing. I saw an interview with someone who was a teacher in North Korea, and she said, most students of computer tech, didn't even hear of the Internet.

It's probably six kids in a basement in .....Oregon
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

According to CNN the US government has officially named North Korea.  My guess is they farmed it out to some kids in Russia.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on December 17, 2014, 06:56:09 PM

You are? We're weak. I've been telling (the general) you that for years.

Materially we're the strongest nation the earth has ever seen.  Too bad we're so dang weak-willed and spineless.

Admiral Yi