After so many years, how do you feel about your Languish name?

Started by Tonitrus, November 27, 2014, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you still like it?  Is it outdated?  Rather it be something else?  Oh well, it's how I am known around here after so long?

I like my Languish name, thank you very much.  It suits me.
25 (52.1%)
It sucks, but it's what I am known by.
7 (14.6%)
Meh, it's old, but comfortable.
10 (20.8%)
I am that douche who already changed it to Ed Anger/jimmy olsen.
1 (2.1%)
If only we could all be named Jaron.
1 (2.1%)
I am ussdefiant, as I have always been, and always shall be.
4 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2014, 05:19:27 PM
Copasetic.

I learned a new word today!

I've been Razgovory for a long, long time now.  Since 1997 or so.  I'm beginning to think of myself as Raz more then I do as Brad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on November 27, 2014, 07:42:53 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2014, 05:19:27 PM
Copasetic.

I learned a new word today!

I've been Razgovory for a long, long time now.  Since 1997 or so.  I'm beginning to think of myself as Raz more then I do as Brad.

I knew you had reality issues. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I've thought about changing it a few times, but never quite sure what to change it to.  The only reason it's not 'Caligula' is because I matched it to my old hotmail address, which I couldn't use caligula for because it was already taken.  I actually own a pair of caligae too, so that's kind of a neat tie-in.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 27, 2014, 08:40:16 PM
I'm in the "Who gives a fuck?" Camp.

Well you once gave a fuck enough to change it :P

I still feel the urge to overthrow the unjust Ancien Regime so I am happy with my handle.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 27, 2014, 08:51:40 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 27, 2014, 08:43:44 PM
I knew you had reality issues. :P

:unsure:

I also think of him more as Raz than Brad.  :hmm:

I also didn't think that I have reality issues was a big secret here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Given that there are so many freakin llawyers on Languish I feel mine is kind of silly and pretentious.  But at least I axed the "Boy" when I had a chance.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2014, 10:57:12 PM
Given that there are so many freakin llawyers on Languish I feel mine is kind of silly and pretentious.  But at least I axed the "Boy" when I had a chance.

It was less pretentious when it had the "Boy" attached.  :P

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Unlike ChilliWilli, FunkMonk was funky enough to stick around. :cheers: