After so many years, how do you feel about your Languish name?

Started by Tonitrus, November 27, 2014, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you still like it?  Is it outdated?  Rather it be something else?  Oh well, it's how I am known around here after so long?

I like my Languish name, thank you very much.  It suits me.
25 (52.1%)
It sucks, but it's what I am known by.
7 (14.6%)
Meh, it's old, but comfortable.
10 (20.8%)
I am that douche who already changed it to Ed Anger/jimmy olsen.
1 (2.1%)
If only we could all be named Jaron.
1 (2.1%)
I am ussdefiant, as I have always been, and always shall be.
4 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

MadBurgerMaker

MadImmortalMan

Always thought it was a little clumsy but I don't care to change it. At least it abbreviates well.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on November 28, 2014, 12:24:37 AM
Why would I not like my name?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=garbon
A sickly, old teacher who hits on students; usually female. Said teacher usually has a darkened Molester Moustache, and sports numerous moles.
In order to pass the course, my Egyptian History garbon asked me to tape myself giving her a scarab.

:lmfao:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 28, 2014, 12:36:06 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 28, 2014, 12:24:37 AM
Why would I not like my name?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=garbon
A sickly, old teacher who hits on students; usually female. Said teacher usually has a darkened Molester Moustache, and sports numerous moles.
In order to pass the course, my Egyptian History garbon asked me to tape myself giving her a scarab.

:lmfao:

Was that supposed to be an answer?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

You're free to like the name or not as you wish; I just found the apparent meaning of the term humorous with regard to you.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2014, 10:57:12 PM
Given that there are so many freakin llawyers on Languish I feel mine is kind of silly and pretentious.  But at least I axed the "Boy" when I had a chance.

I found your old name inspirational.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

My allonym (even if I didn't spell it quite right the first time through) and my signature are play on Detroit, which calls itself "The Renaissance City."  It also fit the time period of EU.  Since I no longer live in Detroit, it's no longer as fitting; but I still like it.   :)

Since I now live in The Sunshine State", I should call myself Louis XIV and troll Valmy constantly.   :P
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Martinus

Wasn't your initial name misspelled though? Savronela or something? :P Edit: sorry read too fast. Originally, I thought it was intentional. :P

My name is my real name only in Latin so it is as (ir)relevant and pretentious as it was 14 years ago when I joined Paradox.

Duque de Bragança

celedhring

I have used this same name for all things internet for 20 years now. I just can't be arsed to change it, even if it's a bit silly-sounding.

It's the name of a character in the ICE Middle Earth roleplaying game.

Grey Fox

I'm over it but change it would just confuse people & be ignored.

Just like when gov change a bridge name. Old name remains for decades.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 28, 2014, 01:34:25 AM
You're free to like the name or not as you wish; I just found the apparent meaning of the term humorous with regard to you.

Sickly? Check. Old soul? Check. Mustachioed? Check. Kinda pervy? Check. Only fail is interest in young and then female bit. :(

But then you can get them all right when prophesying over a decade ago.