U.S. Turkey Day/Thankgsgiving/Pre-Black-Friday-Dinner

Started by Syt, November 25, 2014, 02:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2014, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2014, 09:00:30 PM
Definitely my favorite non-Christmas holiday.  Pity the thing is being turned into a Christmas shopping event.  Give Thanksgiving its due!

You don't have to participate in that, though.  I don't know anyone who would give up part of their Thanksgiving with friends/family/turkey/football to go shopping.

For what it's worth, the self-righteous Facebook campaign to boycott Thanksgiving Day sales is annoying. 

I do however have to be subjected to Christmas decorations and Christmas music already.  Look I know there are no Thanksgiving songs but can we at least put a few Turkeys and Pilgrims up or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 25, 2014, 09:31:31 PM
No.

My Grandma always did.  Man I loved all those wax turkeys.  WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2014, 09:28:56 PM
I do however have to be subjected to Christmas decorations and Christmas music already.  Look I know there are no Thanksgiving songs but can we at least put a few Turkeys and Pilgrims up or something?
You know that would annoy me too.

As it is, with no holiday to interrupt, I demand Christmas songs from Armistice Day to Epiphany :contract:

Though I did balk when I saw someone wearing a Christmas jumper last week.
Let's bomb Russia!

sbr

Armistice Day?  :lol:  My local store replaced the back to school displays with Christmas displays in early September.

Sheilbh

Quote from: sbr on November 25, 2014, 10:13:50 PM
Armistice Day?  :lol:  My local store replaced the back to school displays with Christmas displays in early September.
I like my years divided. I get irritated at people wearing poppies before Halloween :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Damn.  Even for Halloween?

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2014, 10:44:57 PM

Damn.  Even for Halloween?

It was side by side, but yeah Xmas stuff was up before Halloween.

Valmy

garbon

I always have Christmas and Halloween knick knacks about. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Martinus

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 26, 2014, 12:45:33 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2014, 11:16:35 PM
I always have Christmas and Halloween knick knacks about. :blush:

How gaudy.

No they are actually pretty tasteful / you would hardly recognize them at first. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Do yanquis have turkey at Christmas too?

Why crappy mashed spuds instead of delicious roast ones?