U.S. Turkey Day/Thankgsgiving/Pre-Black-Friday-Dinner

Started by Syt, November 25, 2014, 02:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Malthus

Lord, those may taste great but they sure sound nasty. "pig pickin cake"? "Frog eye salad"? "Dirt pudding"? "Funeral potatoes"?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I have never had sopapilla cheesecake but now I really want to correct this gaping hole in my cultural experience
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

I think dirt pudding is pudding covered with crushed oreo (I guess without the cream) so that the upper texture looks like dirt.  It's not bad.

My contribution to the family Thanksgiving effort is deep-frying the turkey.  This will be my first time.  Hope I don't screw it up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2014, 02:23:35 PM
My contribution to the family Thanksgiving effort is deep-frying the turkey.  This will be my first time.  Hope I don't screw it up.

FIRE IN THE HOLE

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2014, 02:24:29 PM

FIRE IN THE HOLE

No shit.  For once I'll have to stay sober before dinner.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2014, 02:23:25 PM
I have never had sopapilla cheesecake but now I really want to correct this gaping hole in my cultural experience
Same.  Sounds delicious.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Anyway, I know what chess bars are but have never seen them at a Thanksgiving dinner here nor have heard of anyone bringing them. :hmm:

Valmy

We are hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the first time since the day before David was born back in 2010.  I have no idea what we are making since I have been so bogged down getting this damn degree.  My parents are out of town so it will just be my sister, her boyfriend, my niece, and my mother-in-law with my nuclear family.  Hilarity is expected to ensue.

Well actually a glorious Texas victory over TCU is expected to ensue.

I hope my wife has a plan I will be scrambling the next couple days to get ready.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Caliga

If I lived in Texas, I'd have chili for Thanksgiving.

Valmy

Syt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4FfahAfIXA
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.