U.S. Turkey Day/Thankgsgiving/Pre-Black-Friday-Dinner

Started by Syt, November 25, 2014, 02:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2014, 10:04:06 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 26, 2014, 09:28:57 AM
Anyways, I'm going alone as Dawid's grandma just died and he is not in the mood.

Sorry to hear that Marty.

Thanks. I never met her but he is taking it rather badly. I called off my birthday party that was due the coming weekend, obviously, and am (trying to be) supportive.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2014, 10:07:28 AM
Dry is how you know it's cooked thoroughly.  I grew up with a mother so fearful of salmonella, we could play ice hockey with the chicken.

:lol: 

Save the neck for me, Clark.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 26, 2014, 09:20:56 AM
Though for sheer grossness, you can't beat "snicker salad". Candy does not go in salad!  :yuk:

I don't really like the idea of it, but I don't see how snickers, apples, whipped cream and pudding would not go together. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Malthus on November 26, 2014, 09:20:56 AM
Though for sheer grossness, you can't beat "snicker salad". Candy does not go in salad!  :yuk:
I love that there's 'snicker salad' and 'snicker apple salad' :lol:

QuoteI'm not a fan of turkey but I suspect it'sbecause Brits don't cook it well. It's alwatys been roasted (and so dry) rather than fried. These days some people are frying it but I've not had one.

I usually have beef, goose or duck myself.
Yeah. Though my mum is able to cook turkey well. We normally have a goose or turkey and a ham :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

We better not tell the foreigners about "Pink Stuff".
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2014, 10:14:18 AM
Save the neck for me, Clark.

No shit, right?  To this day I still kinda freak at a moist bird.  "My meat is wet."

Should've seen the look on my bro-in-law's face the first time my sister cooked him chicken breasts.  They were in so long, they came out as chicken fingers.

Grey Fox

Ham on Canadian Thanksgiving, for New year, for easter.
Turkey on Christmas.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

lustindarkness

So we went to Disney, I came back early because someone has to work and earn the $ for The Wife and kids to continue to spend at Disney. So I am home alone for a few days, watching whatever channel I want and enjoying the peace and quiet. :yeah:
The original plan was they were to come back today but instead, they are spending an extra night and coming back tomorrow.
So, what should I cook for myself tomorrow? Grill a Steak? Pasta? Take out chinese?  :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Sheilbh

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 26, 2014, 10:28:15 AM
So, what should I cook for myself tomorrow? Grill a Steak? Pasta? Take out chinese?  :D
That's another reason I'd like to live in the US for a year. Freeload on someone's Thanksgiving and join the Jews on Christmas for a Chinese and a movie :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2014, 10:31:49 AM
They don't have Jews in the UK? :unsure:

They're already in Miami this time of year, I guess.