News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bill Cosby sex abuse scandal

Started by Caliga, November 24, 2014, 01:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

My favorite part was the #cosbymeme social media campaign he/his team started right as this really started heatign up.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/the-bill-cosby-cosbymeme-hashtag-backfired-immediately

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 24, 2014, 01:14:44 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 24, 2014, 01:13:45 PM
Women everywhere need to learn to say no and leave. Not just say no & then suffer in silence.

Umm, most of the allegations are that he drugged them.  So "saying no and leaving" wasn't much of an option.

At the current rythm this is going, 50% of women alive today will have been raped in their lifetime.

Rape is rape but at some point you gotta ask did all the man doing the raping realized they were raping someone?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Assuming the allegations in this case are true, there's no doubt in my mind he would have known what he was doing was wrong.  Drugging someone into unconsciousness so you can molest them is pretty obviously wrong by any moral yardstick. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Well, one of the big things to teach people is empathy. That's the struggle of the 21st century.

Also what Cal said.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 01:31:47 PM
I loved I Spy, his stand-up, Fat Albert, The Cosby Show, etc. and it would be horrible to think the man turned out to be a serial rapist.  My reaction thus far has been to try and not think about it and/or hope it's not true.  Which is pretty much what I did in the early days of the OJ saga :mellow:
Agree on Cosby, disagree on OJ... for whatever reason I never thought very fondly of OJ, though I did think he was surprisingly funny in the Naked Gun movies.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on November 24, 2014, 02:33:58 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 01:31:47 PM
I loved I Spy, his stand-up, Fat Albert, The Cosby Show, etc. and it would be horrible to think the man turned out to be a serial rapist.  My reaction thus far has been to try and not think about it and/or hope it's not true.  Which is pretty much what I did in the early days of the OJ saga :mellow:
Agree on Cosby, disagree on OJ... for whatever reason I never thought very fondly of OJ, though I did think he was surprisingly funny in the Naked Gun movies.

Well, I have my own reasons.  I was a Buffalo Bills fan in the early 80s, which was after he retired but still close enough to his career to hear about his success.  So I read up on him and did a 4th grade book report on his autobiography.  So I basically idolized him growing up.  So I gave him the benefit of the doubt until the white Bronco incident.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Did you like the Baba Booey call during that? :cool:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

derspiess

It's something one would think would amuse me but completely falls flat :mellow:

Caliga

Al Michaels said he thought it was funny. *shrug*

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 24, 2014, 02:30:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 24, 2014, 01:14:44 PM
Women everywhere need to learn to say no and leave. Not just say no & then suffer in silence.

Umm, most of the allegations are that he drugged them.  So "saying no and leaving" wasn't much of an option.

At the current rythm this is going, 50% of women alive today will have been raped in their lifetime.

Rape is rape but at some point you gotta ask did all the man doing the raping realized they were raping someone?
there's a big difference between having sex with a drunk girl who wakes up the morning after and decides she was rapped and having sex with a passed out girl (even worst if you drugged her yourself).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

I always found him creepy. What is bizarre is how these allegations have been ignored so all thise years until Buress made a joke few weeks ago

Martinus

And you say Ide's views on sex are sad and disturbing?  :lol:

DGuller

Wow.  First Eric Camden, now Cliff Huxtable.  :(