Favourite Childhood Toys

Started by Josephus, November 23, 2014, 04:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on November 30, 2014, 05:07:25 PM

I had those 2.

I would love to score another one in decent condition.  I loved that goddamned spaceship.  Used to have to carry it around the house with both hands.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2014, 05:13:08 PM
Here's something the old fogies will remember--

The original GI Joe.

Didn't play with him for years;  when I was around 4 or 5 I went through an irrational "fear of beards" phase.

The "stringing up your doppelganger" motif is rather chilling.

Tonitrus

I think we had most of these...  :blush:

And lots of those toy monster trucks that you'd wind-up/roll-back (Rough Riders, I think was one of the brands...there were two big competing brands)

And I am sure we had this somewhere.

If it was 80's sci-fi or fantasy, we probably had toys/action figures of it.

Tonitrus

Also had buttloads of the D&D lead figurines we'd play with.  Probably explains all the problems in adolescence and will end up cutting a decade off my lifespan.

sbr

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 30, 2014, 08:15:02 PM
I think we had most of these...  :blush:

I don't remember any of the figures, but that Fort hit a nostalgia bone I didn't know I had so me or a good friend must have had it.

sbr

And back in the good old days when we didn't care about kids choking on toys or shooting things at each other I had this one

Little brother had

EDIT:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbjoI47ARUs

CountDeMoney

LOL, I had the Great Mazinga one, too.  He was great.  Stupid wheels in his feet were for shit on shag carpet, though.

Caliga

Quote from: sbr on November 30, 2014, 08:51:30 PM
I don't remember any of the figures, but that Fort hit a nostalgia bone I didn't know I had so me or a good friend must have had it.
The evil sorcerer figure looks familiar... think I had that one.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points