News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Favourite Childhood Toys

Started by Josephus, November 23, 2014, 04:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2014, 01:38:26 AM
Lego by far. First I had "Fabuland", then graduated to the mainstream lines (my favourite line was the medieval one; had tons of that stuff). Never got into Technics though.
When did your parents decide they wanted a gay son?

Also Lego for me. I'm sure there were others but they came and went. Lego was always there :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 30, 2014, 04:39:25 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2014, 01:38:26 AM
Lego by far. First I had "Fabuland", then graduated to the mainstream lines (my favourite line was the medieval one; had tons of that stuff). Never got into Technics though.
When did your parents decide they wanted a gay son?

Probably when my grandmother decided she would have me see all the operettas staged at the Warsaw comedic opera theatre. I had a burgundy tuxedo. At the age of 6. :P

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Some of my all-time, non-Guns of Navarone faves--

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 30, 2014, 04:48:29 PM
I had a burgundy tuxedo. At the age of 6. :P

Please tell me it had ruffles.  Please.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2014, 04:51:38 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 30, 2014, 04:48:29 PM
I had a burgundy tuxedo. At the age of 6. :P

Please tell me it had ruffles.  Please.

Alas, no. But it had a matching bow tie.

Sheilbh

I could be wrong but I'm imagining that was one hell of a way to stand out in Eastern Bloc Poland :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 30, 2014, 04:53:22 PM
I could be wrong but I'm imagining that was one hell of a way to stand out in Eastern Bloc Poland :lol:

Verily. :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 30, 2014, 04:52:32 PM
Alas, no. But it had a matching bow tie.

Sweet.  When my grandfather died, I got a box of his tuxedo bow ties and matching cumberbunds, some dating to the late '60s.  One day, I will do a Vegas gig with Steve and Eydie.  Or host the MDA Marathon.  In 1974.

Norgy

I really wish there was a "Like" button here.  :lol:

Martinus

Quote from: Norgy on November 30, 2014, 04:58:16 PM
I really wish there was a "Like" button here.  :lol:
I know - I often think the same. I do not want to cheer at every post but I feel like expressing my approval. :P

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2014, 04:50:38 PM
Some of my all-time, non-Guns of Navarone faves--

I had those 2.

I had a regular Big Wheel instead of the Green Machine, I wasn't happy about it.

CountDeMoney

Here's something the old fogies will remember--

The original GI Joe.

Didn't play with him for years;  when I was around 4 or 5 I went through an irrational "fear of beards" phase.