And we're back!

Main Menu

In space, no one can hear you nagging

Started by Ed Anger, November 14, 2014, 11:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2014, 01:04:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 14, 2014, 11:24:46 AM
Forget the pattern - why the hell is the man wearing a bowling shirt to go on tv?

Man up and wear a shirt and tie. :mad:

No shit.  Be a fucking professional.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who was offended more by that than the design on the shirt. :D

Obligatory Languish-tailored response: Also, how does the author ever drive a car, since every good ol' boy with the naked lady silhouette decal stuck to their F-150 obviously sends them into fits of road rage?
Experience bij!

The Brain

I don't wear a shirt at work. My flesh is kept warm by a layer of fat.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 14, 2014, 03:43:31 PM
Quote from: Maximus on November 14, 2014, 03:31:50 PM
I'm guessing he, like most scientists, actually has interesting things to do and so doesn't have to spend time worrying about how he's dressed.

Most people with interesting things to do can spare some time to think about how they are dressed when they are going to appear on TV.
Most people can, but some don't need to.

CountDeMoney

I'm guessing he, like most scientists, actually has interesting things to do and so doesn't have to spend time worrying about how he's dressed.

Most people with interesting things to do can spare some time to think about how they are dressed when they are going to appear on TV.

That's my point;  you want to be a slob at work, that's fine, but if you're going to present yourself on television at least dress appropriately.  You're not just representing yourself, you're representing the program.  Follow the Bull Durham rule.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on November 14, 2014, 03:49:47 PM

Most people can, but some don't need to.

Doesnt apply to this guy though.  This wasnt about him.  Nobody actually cares about him. This was about the project he is representing. 

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on November 14, 2014, 02:27:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2014, 01:04:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 14, 2014, 11:24:46 AM
Forget the pattern - why the hell is the man wearing a bowling shirt to go on tv?

Man up and wear a shirt and tie. :mad:

No shit.  Be a fucking professional.

He's dressed pretty much like professional scientists always dress.  Being a slob is part of the image.

But that's the thing about wearing a shirt and tie - you DON'T have to think about it.

On the other hand, it seems like this guy gave a lot of thought into buying that particular shirt. :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

If it was really designed by his twitter friend, he was probably trying to do her a favor by wearing it on TV.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 14, 2014, 05:29:45 PM
If it was really designed by his twitter friend, he was probably trying to do her a favor by wearing it on TV.

Probably worked too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 14, 2014, 05:30:55 PM

Probably worked too.

Yeah, people from all over will now know who to contact if they want to look like an idiot on TV.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 14, 2014, 05:30:55 PM

Probably worked too.

Nah, no one would notice.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

frunk

He's better than 99.9% of the people who show up on TV, just by having something interesting to say.  What he wears really doesn't matter.

Legbiter

Hey Ed the scientist just got served with social justice.

QuoteRosetta mission scientist Dr Matt Taylor cries during apology over 'offensive' shirt

Rosetta scientist Dr Matt Taylor breaks down as he says he made "a big mistake" by wearing a shirt during the mission's live stream featuring cartoon images of women wearing bondage gear and firing guns

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/rosetta-mission-scientist-dr-matt-taylor-cries-during-apology-over-offensive-shirt-30745378.html

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Legbiter on November 14, 2014, 07:07:24 PM

QuoteRosetta mission scientist Dr Matt Taylor cries during apology over 'offensive' shirt

Rosetta scientist Dr Matt Taylor breaks down as he says he made "a big mistake" by wearing a shirt during the mission's live stream featuring cartoon images of women wearing bondage gear and firing guns

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/rosetta-mission-scientist-dr-matt-taylor-cries-during-apology-over-offensive-shirt-30745378.html
What the crap, dude. Pull yourself together.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: Legbiter on November 14, 2014, 07:07:24 PM

Take his man card away.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive