News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

In space, no one can hear you nagging

Started by Ed Anger, November 14, 2014, 11:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Where can I get that shirt? It looks so sharp.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Jacob

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 14, 2014, 12:11:22 PM
Where can I get that shirt? It looks so sharp.

Quote from: From the Original Post in this threadFrom what we can tell, a woman who goes by the name of Elly Prizeman on Twitter made the shirt for him

A quick google search leads to this twitter post: https://twitter.com/ellypriZeMaN/status/532927131098300416 - so, make a twitter account and ask her, I guess?

Jacob

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2014, 12:24:27 PM
Ordered.

Now all you have to do is be the lead scientist on a ground breaking space exploration project, and you're set.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on November 14, 2014, 12:42:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2014, 12:24:27 PM
Ordered.

Now all you have to do is be the lead scientist on a ground breaking space exploration project, and you're set.

Well, then he has to find some overly-sensitive tit to get offended by his shirt and then he's set.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

I'm sure he can figure out an alternative way to get in front of a camera. Perhaps a reality show.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 14, 2014, 11:24:46 AM
Forget the pattern - why the hell is the man wearing a bowling shirt to go on tv?

Man up and wear a shirt and tie. :mad:

No shit.  Be a fucking professional.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 14, 2014, 12:25:33 PM
And they have kid sizes!!  :punk:

Meh, under their category for "Asian Flair", there are no prints of almond-eyed honeys in bondage.  Weak.

Valmy

QuoteThis is the sort of casual misogyny that stops women from entering certain scientific fields. They see a guy like that on TV and they don't feel welcome. They see a poster of greased up women in a colleague's office and they know they aren't respected. They hear comments about "bitches" while out at a bar with fellow science students, and they decide to change majors. And those are the women who actually make it that far. Those are the few who persevered even when they were discouraged from pursuing degrees in physics, chemistry, and math throughout high school. These are the women who forged on despite the fact that they were told by elementary school classmates and the media at large that girls who like science are nerdy and unattractive. This is the climate women who dream of working at NASA or the ESA come up against, every single day. This shirt is representative of all of that, and the ESA has yet to issue a statement or apologize for that.

What the hell?  I mean yeah I get that there are some bad dudes out there but women come up against men wearing lewd women on their shirts, calling them bitches, and have dirty pictures in their offices every single day and in every single location in all of STEM?  And this never happens in banking or journalism or any other field so they are compelled to leave?  At UT Austin I see the University working hard to get women IN those fields.  I see semiconductor companies across Austin doing extensive community outreach to try to get girls into STEM.  Maybe Texas is super advanced compared to the rest of the Western World?  Granted I live in a bubble but the constant daily harassment and negative attitudes seem hard to believe.  I can see it happening from time to time but...

and when was the last time a scientist appeared on TV wearing a dirty shirt and somehow this is typical and happens every day?  No other man from any other field in history has ever worn an inappropriate shirt this only happens in STEM?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on November 14, 2014, 12:46:10 PM
Well, then he has to find some overly-sensitive tit to get offended by his shirt and then he's set.

I don't think that will be a challenge.