And we're back!

Main Menu

Yeah, no, I agree

Started by MadImmortalMan, November 13, 2014, 05:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Maximus

The robots aren't always that much better.

The Brain

South Africa has robots everywhere.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

I used to think that, Max. Experience changed my mind, though.

Robots, unlike humans, manage to follow instructions properly more often than not.

Maximus

Yea, I should qualify that. When the mistakes happen they are egregious. But if the engineers are doing their job they get fixed and it doesn't happen again.

Iormlund

Sadly, there are mistakes that cannot be fixed. Robots are extremely dangerous. Few people understand how fucking fast these things are able to move.

A month or so ago I was sent to oversee the job of one of our contractors. They have done a pretty poor job all around* but their safety implementation was bordering on criminal negligence. Fortunately nothing serious happened and I managed to turn things around after pointing fingers and bashing in a few heads. Though (and this is an example of what I was referring to on my previous post) it took me much longer than if I had reprogrammed the stations myself - much to the puzzlement and anger of my coworkers, who didn't understand why I was not allowed to do just that.

* Which will likely spell the end of their firm.

Ideologue

Quote from: Iormlund on November 16, 2014, 01:56:02 PM
Sadly, there are mistakes that cannot be fixed. Robots are extremely dangerous. Few people understand how fucking fast these things are able to move.

Lol ok Sarah Connor.

:P

QuoteA month or so ago I was sent to oversee the job of one of our contractors. They have done a pretty poor job all around* but their safety implementation was bordering on criminal negligence. Fortunately nothing serious happened and I managed to turn things around after pointing fingers and bashing in a few heads. Though (and this is an example of what I was referring to on my previous post) it took me much longer than if I had reprogrammed the stations myself - much to the puzzlement and anger of my coworkers, who didn't understand why I was not allowed to do just that.

* Which will likely spell the end of their firm.

You did good, Dr. STEM. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)