News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Yeah, no, I agree

Started by MadImmortalMan, November 13, 2014, 05:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 13, 2014, 05:16:21 PM
Is this related to the "ending every sentence with a question mark" (valley girl) thing people sometimes do in order to seem less assertive and nonthreatening?

I don't know about all the rest, but I've noticed that it isn't just valley girls who do this any more.  Instead, the more dumbass students (not just undergrads) and brand new dumbass employees all seem to do this a lot. 

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 13, 2014, 06:02:37 PM
I'd flunk you both in my Supply Chain Management class.

What is Supply Chain, anyway?  Chopped chain?  No, it's chopped steak.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2014, 07:53:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 13, 2014, 06:02:37 PM
I'd flunk you both in my Supply Chain Management class.

What is Supply Chain, anyway?  Chopped chain?  No, it's chopped steak.

It's when you make a chain out of the paperclips from the office supply cabinet.

Ideologue

It's the very sinews of fucking industry, you hippies.

Anyway, I don't think it's passive-aggressive.

Apropos of nothing, but the phrase that's really been annoying me the past year or so is "wheelhouse."  Ugh.  I hear it everywhere now.  It's just so hip.  That is, amongst lame 30 year olds.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 13, 2014, 09:46:12 PM
More like the arteries.

Well, it's an important body part, unlike CDM or I, anyway. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on November 13, 2014, 09:37:08 PM

Oh gosh, really? What, are you going to tell us about incoterms next?

QuoteApropos of nothing, but the phrase that's really been annoying me the past year or so is "wheelhouse."  Ugh.  I hear it everywhere now.  It's just so hip.  That is, amongst lame 30 year olds.

How do you feel about baileywick?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on November 13, 2014, 11:26:51 PM
How do you feel about baileywick?

Bailiwick. My browser agrees with me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Apropos of nothing, but the phrase that's really been annoying me the past year or so is "wheelhouse."  Ugh.  I hear it everywhere now.  It's just so hip.  That is, amongst lame 30 year olds.

"Wheelhouse" is right in my wheelhouse!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

CountDeMoney

It's just an excuse to come up with nifty methodologies that one needs to be certified in as a Supply Chain Professional in Supply Chain Management by the Institute of Supply Chain Management of America, not to be confused with the American Institute of Supply Chain Management or the American Association of Supply Chain Managers. 

Ice cream cone, lick thyself.