News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Yeah, no, I agree

Started by MadImmortalMan, November 13, 2014, 05:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

You know that game where you can't answer yes or no>? I sometimes challenge myself to do that in everyday life to prevent mental laziness.

A drunk beggar asked me if I had any change last night, I said "Sorry, not today, thank you."  :blush:

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2014, 01:32:12 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 13, 2014, 09:37:08 PM
It's the very sinews of fucking industry, you hippies.

It's just an excuse to come up with nifty methodologies that one needs to be certified in as a Supply Chain Professional in Supply Chain Management by the Institute of Supply Chain Management of America, not to be confused with the American Institute of Supply Chain Management or the American Association of Supply Chain Managers. 

Ice cream cone, lick thyself.

I told UPS and FedEx to reroute your packages. Lick that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 13, 2014, 05:16:21 PM
Why do people say "yeah no" when agreeing, or even sometimes even disagreeing with others?

It's weird, at least in my part of Germany people would use "Ja, nee" similarly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2014, 11:26:50 AM

It's just an excuse to come up with nifty methodologies that one needs to be certified in as a Supply Chain Professional in Supply Chain Management by the Institute of Supply Chain Management of America, not to be confused with the American Institute of Supply Chain Management or the American Association of Supply Chain Managers. 

How many homemade certifications did you print off your laser printer this week?  Word has such fancy templates these days.

DontSayBanana

I've been guilty of using "yeah, no" a fair bit.  In my case, the "yeah" tends to not actually have any meaning- it's just a replacement filler word for "um" or "uh."
Experience bij!

The Brain

I smile and nod, then silently plot to kill.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2014, 01:19:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2014, 11:26:50 AM

How many homemade certifications did you print off your laser printer this week?  Word has such fancy templates these days.

Six Sigma Master Black Belt.

CountDeMoney

Lean must be an extra $1,200.  Dickhead.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

MadImmortalMan

That looks scarily like a place I used to work.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I'm having flashbacks. MAH LEG

Admiral Yi

Boner collects ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

Ideologue

And that's how our watehouse staff was replaced with robots.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)