Main Menu

An Empire of Liberty: Victoria II AAR

Started by Razgovory, November 08, 2014, 09:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 13, 2014, 10:39:40 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 12, 2014, 08:53:41 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2014, 08:51:48 AM
You do know you have to make your territories states right?  Otherwise you'll have a lot of power tied up in their upkeep.  You can make them states by promoting bureaucrats in those territories.
I made all my territories states, I built all the naval bases I could. My colonial power is 470 and yours is only 200! Yet, I can only manage to nab Oregon.
So, no answer to this?  At best I manage to force an international crisis for one of the territories. How did you win both?  Did Britain just choose not to compete for some reason?

I honestly don't know what you are doing different.  I colonized the states bordering Mexico and Canada first, leaving Kansas and Nebraska for last.  I am using the PopDemand Mod.  When I acquired an area I quickly put the focus on bureaucrats so I it would become a state.  I did start out with a lot of areas that weren't states, and used the focus on bureaucrats to so they would become states (instead of focusing on clergy like you suggested).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Ugh, for some reason the screenshots taken after 1867 didn't keep.  So there will be a period of missing time between '67 and '72.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Part Five: The Final Frontier.

The US is still in the depths of a terrible Civil War, though the Union is clearly winning.  The majority of the fighting is in the West.  The East is all but undefended.

I chose not to piss off the British at this moment, but their time will come.  Oh it will come.

"Stonewall" Jackson loses the largest battle of the war in Oklahoma.  It is the high tide of the Confederacy.

This actually sounds rather dangerous

The Republican party is wracked with scandal.  There will be a new Election.

However the Confederacy is still in serious trouble.

And we finally can create the emancipation proclamation.  This can only be done with something like 40% of Confederate territory is occupied.

Despite the scandals the GOP wins again.

And the Confederates surrender.  There is much rejoicing.

Okay, this is around the point things get sketchy as for some reason I wasn't taking enough screenshots.  Shortly after the war with CSA I conquered Panama and a bit later a piece of Colombia.  This is a small naval battle around Panama.

We do get a chance to buy Alaska, which I immediately do.

Goddamn it!  The south goes Jim Crow and I have no way to actually stop it.

Another Libertarian uprising.  It is easily put down.

The US fights a short war against Mexico for the state of Durango.  My newly reformed military makes short work of them.  I would like to build a navy but none of my capitalists want to build steamer ship yard.  In fact, nobody in the world is building them except Norway.

I do begin the Panama canal, which apparently actives Indiana Jones.

The US in 1872.  South American holdings not shown.

I am on the verge of becoming the 3rd greatest power on Earth.

Valmy

Man it is Sikh how well the Sikh Empire is doing.

Sorry you couldn't activate Steven's reconstruction plan Raz :console: but proud at how you are uniting the Americas into a great Empire.  From Pole to Pole!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

The forces of Reaction have me over a barrel.  I've had a massive reactionary uprising.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2014, 12:59:40 AM
The forces of Reaction have me over a barrel.  I've had a massive reactionary uprising.

Slavery for all?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Presidential dictatorship.  I kept getting Klan events, that increase militancy in non-Dixie populations.  Unfortunately immigrants assimilate into Yankee no mater where in the country they end up.  So Yankees have a plurality in most former slave states.  Being attacked by assholes with burning crosses makes them mad, and went reactionary.  I had massive revolts all over the former slave states.  Eventually I had half a million men besieging Washington DC.  When they took ever they redacted all my precious reforms.

Honestly I'm more then a little disgusted with it.

Syt

I'm getting confused with two screenshot AARs about the same country in one thread.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Umm, Tim, hijacking someone's AAR thread (when it is very easy to just start your own) is very low class and lame.  Some mod should slap him around.

Eddie Teach

I also decided to play a jingoist American Victoria II game. Here is my map:

;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 16, 2014, 04:04:27 AM
Umm, Tim, hijacking someone's AAR thread (when it is very easy to just start your own) is very low class and lame.  Some mod should slap him around.

Esp. considering that he normally has no compunctions about spamming threads for every inane subject.

Anyways, I guess it's easy to tell the strands apart. One is written by a mentally unstable, self centered egotistical idiot impervious to arguments, and the other is by Raz.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

It's a shame to see tim's deep-seated, insecure need to be an American come in the way of Raz's AAR, which has been quite entertaining.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

What the Hell, Tim?  Go create you own damn thread.

The US part VI: American Balboa

We are entering into a rather grim epoch of US history where Democracy falters. 

In 1872 the Democrats win and take the White House.  That's not bad by itself.

Intrepid American adventures bring glory to the whole country.

I decide to create two Cavalry Armies during my military reforms. One of them has Honest to God Cossacks!

Mexico apparently sends their mail to the wrong address and asks us to intervene on their behalf.  We laugh.

The US annexes Hawaii!  I haven't been posting much about it, but the US has been putting many Asian states in it's sphere so I get a steady stream of spices, drugs, and tropical wood.

The conquest of Mexico goes on.  This time we take Sonora

Baseball is fast becoming the national past time!

Another Year and another election.  Dems win.  But notice how strong the reactionaries get.

It starts with a series of mutinies in the proud American army.

Then boom!  Reactionary revolt.

And it gets worse.

And for no reason I can tell Jacobin rebels join in.  The US is already a democracy.  It can't get more democracy then it already is.

Government of the people, by the people, for the people, perishes from the earth.

So now there is a secret police.

And extreme right wing eats away at our remaining reforms.

Meanwhile...

Fortunately there are still triumphs for the US.

The Scramble for Africa begins.  US is not invited.

The US wages war on Mexico again!

All that archeology pays off!  The secrets of the Mayan help spur our naval development.

The US in 1882.

And we are now in Second place!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned