News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

An Empire of Liberty: Victoria II AAR

Started by Razgovory, November 08, 2014, 09:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on December 08, 2014, 04:55:54 PM
Raz, could you provide a Great Powers screen when you get the chance, please?  Your map of Europe is pretty wild.

In my game, Canada is in 6th place.  :uffda:

I'm going to restart that session because of the weird bug.  France should not win a war against Spain and then be forced to lose it's southern half and all of her colonies.  That makes no sense. I don't know how to take those screens shots that show the whole map.  Canada is a great power in my game as well.  I even has a colony in Africa.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Habbaku on December 08, 2014, 04:55:54 PM
In my game, Canada is in 6th place.  :uffda:
In my last game Canada became a Proletarian Dictatorship. The UK floated between Communist, Jacobin and Anarcho-Liberal revolutions while British India was permanently occupied by Fascists. Germany had been more or less partitioned by France, Austria and Russia (who was also starting to suffer serial revolutions).

Very strange.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

The late game is always weird.  I reloaded my game at 1912 and Scandinavia insulted me.  Now they are at war with me, and their allies in the Netherlands are getting invaded.  I'm trying to decide which country to dismantle  The Netherlands or Scandinavia.  I'm leaning toward Netherlands because I can get a hold of the Dutch East Indies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

America:  The Penultimate act.

Sorry this one was delayed so long, the first time it came out screwy, with me winning a war and my ally losing it at the same.  Far Cry 4 also came out...  But anyway, I finished the decade between 1912 to 1922.  Mostly it was preparation for my planned war against Germany, moving troops into France and building alliances with communists.  The next decade will be the last, the game ends in 1936 because that's when history ends.

Last time, Mexico went libertarian.  It immediately went Red after that.

And naturally this event fired.  God how I hate this event.

In major innovation of make-work, Cal is invented.

Scandinavia insults me and I declare war which brings in their ally the Netherlands.  The Scandis invade American Colombia, but lose their fleet and die in the jungle.  I capture  Greenland, Iceland, the Faeroes and eventually invade the Netherlands.

At the same time the Soviets invade Scandinavia, to conquer more tundra.  Any time a country goes communist it's color goes red (if the go fascist they go grey), this makes it difficult to tell countries apart.   France, Russia and Turkey are Communist though Turkey has been renamed the Near East Popular Union.

The three wars going concurrently.

I am not in the mood to deal with Russian bullshit.

I do like the Blues, so our cultural accomplishments are going well.

The First minister or "President" as we call him, was a political survivor, weathering revolutions and uprisings.  I'm sort of sad to see him go.

After having conquered the Netherlands, I dismantle the country.  A few odd things happen.  I thought that this might create Belgium, but instead it creates a smaller Wallonia.  I get about half the Dutch colonial possessions and the rest go to the Soviet Union, who was not a party to this war.  One of the oddities of the programing for the mod I think.  The game seems to give out possession to who ever has a ceasefire with the defeated power.

I don't remember why I took this screen shot.

My new Empire in South-East Asia.  I already owned half of New Guinea.  The red parts are those provinces awarded to the Soviets.  This increased my infamny levels pretty high, but I found I out I reduce it by five points for each country I release, no matter the size.  So I release a few minor states like Biafra (I also got some of Africa).

Melanesian women need virile American men!

We capture Geronimo, a task made easier by the fact he's been dead for ten years.

As you can see, American soldiers are preparing in France.  Metropolitan France is quickly becoming the world's largest military camp.

The United States begins fabricating a cause for war with the intent of destroying Germany.  A mere week before hostilities, the US secures an alliance with the Soviet Union.  Germany, has for some reason decided to wage a colonial war against The NEPU (or the Turks), for for North Africa.  Causing them to shift large numbers of soldiers south and call up reserves.

American plans to justify the war are discovered so I release a few more tiny countries as satellites.  On May 22, the US ambassador hands his German counterpart a declaration of war.  Two days later France, the Soviet Union, and the Shogunate of Japan declare for the US.  Spain refuses to join the war as it is fighting a communist insurgency itself.  On May 24 American soldiers leave their starting positions and invade the German Empire.

Europe at the beginning of the War of American Aggression.  Note that Serbia has joined Germany.

The scores in 1922

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Germany was hit hard.  Really hard.  They are 2nd place, but I don't think they can come back.  Massive lost of prestige along with all their colonies, Parts of Poland and oddly half of Bavaria.  They day after I ended my war on Germany, Austria declared war on them.  I also imposed a communist government on them in the hopes that it would cause turmoil.

Razgovory

Well finished it tonight.  The thrilling conclusion will be posted soon!

Razgovory

America: The final chapter.

This part is a little long since it goes from 1922 to 1936.  In the end, I win.  Win big, so despite my incompetance at governing everything comes out (fairly) alright.  The last AAR I was launching a war against Germany.

On the Eastern front neither the Soviet Union of Imperial Germany have really a lot of forces on the ground.  The war will be fought by reservists for the most part.

Major battles occur in Western Germany while the President of Paraguay is murdered.

As you can see, the majority of the Germany army is out fighting in Africa, leaving the home country defenseless.

Franco-American forces overrun Germany and invent sub-par canned pasta.

US plunges world into war, Crisis averted.

The war goes well, Germany is also distracted in waging a war against Turkey.

Pretty much nothing is standing in my way.

War produces a significant number of explosions.

Colombia is an ally of Germany, and invades American territory.  They are ill prepared for US mustard gas.

This one is a big a head scratcher.  For some reason, the part of Java that was controlled by the soviet Union is now a communist ally of Germany.  They invade  some of colonial holdings.

German navy is destroyed by it's American counterpart.

Germany sues for peace, forced to adopt a communist government.

When the war ends, Austria invades Germany.  This delays the peace process somewhat.  After that war is finaly over we get our hand on the Germany colonies.

Germany is in shambles, and most of Europe is red.

Germany loses it's African colonies, the Soviets seem to get more then their fair share.  Distribution is random.

The war ended in a little over a year making the US the world greatest power.  I took  lot of screen shots of the war, but there is still more then a decade left, so I'll finish the rest in another post.

Razgovory

America part 12: The Final Chapter: part 2

Now that I'm comfortably in the lead, I really have no concrete goals.  American develops the "Fucking around" doctrine.

I station some of my Troops in the Soviet Union, because nothing can go wrong with that.

The US develops Naval war games

And with that the history of science is over.

An international crisis breaks out and I force Italy to give up Slovenia.

Italy and Austria have war.  Also the Soviet Union asks my help with Mongolia which is fascist.  I say "yes", and let them do their thing.

Despite having the worlds most sophisticated military, bad doctrine becomes the norm.

A British regiment wanders across my border triggering World War V.  Canada Invades the US.  I was a bit caught off guard by that.  The Soviet Union sided with Britain, despite me having a large army inside their borders.  That's where the war will be one.  In America I call up all the reservists to hold back the Canadian tide.  I do notice that the Canucks don't have gas masks though.

Despite the Canadian invasion WWV is going quite well.  The US army has destroyed much of the Red Army and occupies much Poland and Belarus and into Russia itself.  The Us is easily able to beat the Royal Navy allowing me to cut off Britain.  Unfortunately I didn't many screenshots.  Britain caves in fairly quickly.

Shortly after the war, Jacobin rebels force some reforms on the British Monarchy.

Because I'm not as welcome in the Soviet Union as before I shift my troops to Austria where I decide to declare war on Germany to liberate Luxembourg (Pan German radicals conquered that country and it was annexed by Germany).

That's not really a good enough reason to fight a war, but whatever.  France doesn't join the war, but I can attack Germany from there anyway.  Spain joins Germany but I don't actually notice.  I do destroy a bunch Spanish wooden ships of the Line with a Dreadnaughts.

Germany quickly gives up and Luxembourg is free.  A new age of American foreign policy is born in the Transdanubian crisis.  This new foreign policy is know as "I clicked the wrong thing", doctrine

And so the new nation of Hungary is born.  What started out as me laughing and dismissing the idea as stupid turned into a drive for Magyar independence because I was laughing so hard I couldn't see straight.

Hungary becomes independent without any bloodshed and decides to push their luck by invading Banat dragging me into a war with Austria.

And... Imgur doesn't want to cooperate anymore, so I'll post the rest of this later.

Razgovory

Okay, last part I hope.

Hungary dragged me into a war with Austria with Hungary almost immediately after getting their independence.  I decide the dismember the remants of the Austrian empire for shits and grins.  They also some really weird looking tanks.

Something is invented that has such great repercussions that I don't even know what it is.

I win the war but Austria is not dismantled.  Romania took the opportunity to declare war on Austria after I defeated them and so the dismantling of the Austrian state is delayed, and game ends before it occurs.  Oh well.  Our industry gets a little out of hand.

And now a few screens of the end game.  Here's what Europe looks like

Africa

S. America

N. America  I forgot to mention that after WWV I took the British Caribbean.

Oceaniana

And Asia.

Final Score  Britain has fallen behind Italy...  Raz wins!

Lettow77

Thank you for taking the time to finish this.

How did the collective Indian states get to be so strong? Even heavily splintered, just the three principal powers would surpass everyone except for America if their points were combined.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 19, 2014, 12:26:12 AM
Thank you for taking the time to finish this.

How did the collective Indian states get to be so strong? Even heavily splintered, just the three principal powers would surpass everyone except for America if their points were combined.

They are civilized nations with good infrastructure and huge populations.  China never fully westernized.  Japan did, but retain the shogunate, no idea why.

Syt

Nice AAR, Raz.

That the communists have huge colonial holdings in Africa amuses me.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.