Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: LaCroix on November 09, 2014, 04:50:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2014, 04:31:14 PM
Yeah, but we are talking about paranoid schizophrenia not "any schizoaffective disorder".  But you are right about one thing, you don't know.

do you really believe every case of paranoid schizophrenia is the same? you mentioned hallucinations earlier. are you aware not every case of paranoid schizophrenia involves hallucinations? that's a hollywood myth. and, i'm pretty familiar with paranoid schizophrenia.

Yes, but there is always an element of psychosis which is a deal breaker for a job.  People who can't accurately perceive reality is a huge problem.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 09, 2014, 05:27:07 PM
Remember, just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you.

wasn't referring to me.  :P

Quote from: RazgovoryYes, but there is always an element of psychosis which is a deal breaker for a job.  People who can't accurately perceive reality is a huge problem.

delusional thinking/inaccurate perception of reality doesn't always lead to public outbursts. people with mental conditions can hide their thoughts around strangers, especially those with milder symptoms.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: LaCroix on November 09, 2014, 09:52:47 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 09, 2014, 05:27:07 PM
Remember, just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you.

wasn't referring to me.  :P

Quote from: RazgovoryYes, but there is always an element of psychosis which is a deal breaker for a job.  People who can't accurately perceive reality is a huge problem.

delusional thinking/inaccurate perception of reality doesn't always lead to public outbursts. people with mental conditions can hide their thoughts around strangers, especially those with milder symptoms.

Outburts aren't really the problem.  The inability to tell the difference between reality and what's in your head is the problem.  I have no idea why you are pushing this, but you are sorta out of your depth here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

It's crazy what paranoid schizophrenics can make themselves believe is true. The human mind is a really powerful tool with incredible powers of self-destruction.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

LaCroix

Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2014, 11:11:26 PMOutburts aren't really the problem.  The inability to tell the difference between reality and what's in your head is the problem.  I have no idea why you are pushing this, but you are sorta out of your depth here.

outbursts or some public display is exactly the issue in contention, raz, because you're saying an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic simply cannot maintain steady employment -- no exceptions. employers and coworkers aren't mind-readers, so whether an employee has delusions doesn't matter if that person manages to keep those delusions to himself.

MadImmortalMan

From what I've seen they rarely can keep the delusions to themselves. Especially if unmedicated.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers