NCAA Basketball 2014-2015 (This may help ease the pain)

Started by PDH, November 02, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

That seems to be what this Iowa State team does.  It gets behind by double digits and then turns it on and wins. That is the fifth straight game they have done this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Indiana number 10? Wichita st. number 7? :huh:

Edit : Dayton a play in at home? UCLA? WTF?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

So Texas made it in.  You were right Spicey.

Butler sans Brad Stevens in the first round.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Hoyas got a 4 seed??  Have I completely missed a good season?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2015, 06:28:00 PM
So Texas made it in.  You were right Spicey.

Butler sans Brad Stevens in the first round.

Go Texas. Can't stand Butler.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

citizen k

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2015, 06:37:59 PM
Hoyas got a 4 seed??  Have I completely missed a good season?

They are playing EWU which is nearby, as well as Gonzaga. Spokane is just a big basketball town, they also host the country's largest 3 on 3 tournament in the country

PDH

Wyoming is a number 12 seed - they play 5 Northern Iowa in Seattle, the natural place for an East Regional Game.  Northern Iowa plays like Wyoming (slow down, move the ball, great defense), but way better.  My only hope now is that the 12-5 jinx continues and Wyoming wins the upset.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 15, 2015, 12:58:22 AM
I'm a little weirded out by the fact that this was the first time Arizona won the PAC conference tourney since 2003. 

Only the second time Arizona has ever won it, and the first time was the inaugural year.

I don't know if that is because there is a kind of "thing" at Arizona where nobody gives a shit about the Pac-12 title. I would not really think so, since the guys playing, at the time they are playing, would presumably care about the game at least.

But mostly the attitude at Arizona is that the conference title is what actually matters. The Pac-12 champion is whoever comes out of the season, and the Pac-12 tournament is just a way of generating some cash for the conference, and maybe get another team in the dance now and then.

So Miller has won half the conference championships since he arrived, and I think this is his first Pac-12 tournament title.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Arizona gets a 2 seed, but I don't think it matters at all.

They will go as far as they go in their bracket, and had they been a 1 seed and Wisconsin the 2 seed, I don't think it would matter. In fact, I would probably rather have them a 2 in the West than a 1 somewhere else, so that is fine.

Would love to see a re-match with Wisconsin...but there are some good teams before they ever get their, and three losses to RPI 100ish teams this year make it clear that Arizona cannot make any assumptions about any games.

0 rows returned

Valmy

I am sure this breaks your heart PDH: http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/mens-basketball/2015/03/15/colorado-state-misses-ncaa-tournament/24820397/

QuoteThe news brought a locker room full of grown men to tears and outraged CSU fans across the country.

The winningest Colorado State University men's basketball team ever wasn't good enough to make the NCAA tournament.

At least not in the eyes of the 10-member selection committee, which left the Rams, who had a 27-6 record, out of the 68-team field Sunday.

Coach Larry Eustachy declined to take questions or make players available at his 2-minute news conference, saying he had to get back to the locker room to console his team. But he clearly was disappointed, if not stunned by the news.

"I don't want to say something that I'm going to regret," he said. "They're devastated, and they should be, because they're certainly an NCAA tournament team," he said.

Players took to Twitter and other social media to express their disappointment, although some posts were quickly removed.

"I don't understand ... what did we do wrong," junior forward Tiel Daniels tweeted.

Where did you go wrong?  Here: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400784933

Whiners.

Berkut

Well, I dunno - 27 wins is a fucking lot of wins.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2015, 09:05:12 AM
Well, I dunno - 27 wins is a fucking lot of wins.

Their non-conference schedule was pretty putrid. Always a risk when you do that.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2015, 08:57:27 AM
Arizona gets a 2 seed, but I don't think it matters at all.

They will go as far as they go in their bracket, and had they been a 1 seed and Wisconsin the 2 seed, I don't think it would matter. In fact, I would probably rather have them a 2 in the West than a 1 somewhere else, so that is fine.

I have them going all the way in one of my brackets :thumbsup:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Speaking of brackets are we going to do another Languish one? I need to get my homerific all-Big 12 Final Four in.