NCAA Basketball 2014-2015 (This may help ease the pain)

Started by PDH, November 02, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Wyoming is now 15-2 and first place in the Mountain West.  This means that the team will implode, someone will lose a leg, or a bar fight will lead to the entire starting team getting kicked out of the university.

Wyoming fans know how to deal with success, they wait for it to evaporate.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Another sign that the team will fall apart - Wyoming is ranked number 25 in the AP poll.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

So the big WVU-Texas matchup is this Saturday.  WVU lost a tough one to Iowa State but rebounded to beat Oklahoma.  Texas lost its last two games, so with the way Big 12 teams like to beat up on each other, they are probably due to win this one.

Ed's probably still a little hungover from celebrating Buckeyes' win over Michigan a couple nights ago. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Well, Wyoming when ranked went 1-1, losing at home to San Diego St (I tell myself not that bad of a loss), and winning at Fresno St.

Goodbye to #25 in the polls, but the Cowboys did better than I expected.  Now 16-3 with three road wins in conference, I can maybe...maybe hope for more than a CBI appearance this year in the post season.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

derspiess

Thanks to Valmy for not gloating over Texas's rout of WVU this past weekend.  I don't see how Texas lost to Oklahoma given their surplus of height and ability to play suffocating defense.  I know some teams just match up well/poorly against other teams, but shit.  Turrble, just turrble.

Anywho, WVU gets a week off to prepare for TCU and a couple other teams before they have to run the gauntlet in the middle of their conference schedule.  If they end up with a 10-8 conference record I'll be happy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on January 18, 2015, 10:50:10 PM
Well, Wyoming when ranked went 1-1, losing at home to San Diego St (I tell myself not that bad of a loss), and winning at Fresno St.

Goodbye to #25 in the polls, but the Cowboys did better than I expected.  Now 16-3 with three road wins in conference, I can maybe...maybe hope for more than a CBI appearance this year in the post season.

Latest ESPN Bracketology has WVU facing Wyoming in the first round of the tourney.  ITS ON!!!!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/203

derspiess

So Texas stopped the bleeding last night with a win over Baylor.  They appear NIT-bound but with a nice run in the Big 12 tourney, who knows.  Would be nice to get 7 teams into the NCAA tourney.

WVU will probably be without a couple top players tonight, so Kansas will probably get some easy revenge on them :(

Ed Anger

I hope Kentucky loses its first game in the tournament. To some scrub team.

Valmy

I am so done with Rick Barnes.  His teams are so painful to watch, even in victory I would rather watch a Full House marathon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Watching Texas is like watching Canadian TV. Awful.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2015, 05:12:24 PM
So Texas stopped the bleeding last night with a win over Baylor.

Bleeding implies there is still life in something.

I just cannot believe you take last years team, add Myles Turner, and get this shit show.  This season makes the 2009-2010 disaster look like Glory Road.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

If the Rams beat Saint Joseph's they will get into the quarterfinals at next week's Atlantic 10 Tournament. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2015, 07:57:58 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2015, 05:12:24 PM
So Texas stopped the bleeding last night with a win over Baylor.

Bleeding implies there is still life in something.

I just cannot believe you take last years team, add Myles Turner, and get this shit show.  This season makes the 2009-2010 disaster look like Glory Road.

Texas needs to win their first game in the Big 12 tourney and they should be in.  WVU is looking at a 5 seed at the moment and I'm hoping they can improve on that by winning one or two conference tournament games.  7 out of 10 Big 12 teams in the tourney would be respectable.

The three main local teams here (Cincinnati, Xavier & Dayton) all look to be in but for some reason only Dayton fans seem to be excited.

Valmy

I think Texas needs to win 2.  And hope there are not too many upsets in the mid major tournaments.

So Barnes may pull it off and I will have to have to hold my nose and cheer this team on.  They got back to hammering the hell out of people in the past two games which I guess has a certain MMA fan appeal.