Lena Dunham Defends Herself After Being Accused of Molesting Her Sister

Started by garbon, November 02, 2014, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2014, 09:49:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 02, 2014, 09:36:12 PM
How did she become a thing and when is she going away.

She's the voice of this generation.

Hrm she is?  Maybe I should look up who exactly she is.

Oh she is the star of that show Girls everybody was talking about for a few seconds. 

That's how her character on Girls described herself.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 02, 2014, 09:46:53 PM
Lol, ok, Mr. BDSM Innuendo.

Hot Wheels tracks on married women =\ Spreading your infant sister's roast beef like an open face sammich  <insert cheap shot about Ide being a shitty lawyer here>  

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 02, 2014, 09:46:17 PM

This generation needs to know when to keep shit to itself.

They just cant help themselves. Drama, drama, drama, woe is me, vomit. Facebook, twitter..etc. They are nothing but people in need of validation. Kind of like Garbon and Raz.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on November 02, 2014, 10:11:11 PM

They just cant help themselves. Drama, drama, drama, woe is me, vomit. Facebook, twitter..etc. They are nothing but people in need of validation. Kind of like Garbon and Raz.

Yeah probably best if you didn't try to play dimestore psychologist. Languish is hardly the place I would turn to if I was seeking external validation. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2014, 10:12:50 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 02, 2014, 10:11:11 PM

Yeah probably best if you didn't try to play dimestore psychologist. Languish is hardly the place I would turn to if I was seeking external validation. :lol:

Your a good sport.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

I told you guys she was gross.  Though I guess even I didn't know how gross she was.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2014, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2014, 09:33:58 PM
Um she was seven and she didn't touch anything....so....how is this news?  I mean weird as fuck but she is an actress.

QuoteKids do creepy things but do those children turn around as adults to write about those moments like fond memories? Especially when those moments involve someone else's private parts that you "spread apart." Is it normal to compare what you did to something a sexual predator would as a full grown person?

That's a bit of a weird argument to make. It's like saying that an adult who writes how he used to burn ants as a kid is an arsonist.

Martinus

Anyways, maybe the willingness to overshare is the thing some Languishes are missing in order to finish their novels.  :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2014, 01:31:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2014, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2014, 09:33:58 PM
Um she was seven and she didn't touch anything....so....how is this news?  I mean weird as fuck but she is an actress.

QuoteKids do creepy things but do those children turn around as adults to write about those moments like fond memories? Especially when those moments involve someone else's private parts that you "spread apart." Is it normal to compare what you did to something a sexual predator would as a full grown person?

That's a bit of a weird argument to make. It's like saying that an adult who writes how he used to burn ants as a kid is an arsonist.
A properly adjusted adult should show shame and remorse when writing about they used to burn ants as kid. She doesn't seem to show either of the two.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2014, 01:39:10 AM
A properly adjusted adult should show shame and remorse when writing about they used to burn ants as kid. She doesn't seem to show either of the two.

Well, she is an artist. A part of being an artist is the fact that one has no shame (or less shame than other people). I wasn't entirely joking with my post about writing novels - the reason why so many people try to but are unable to finish could be linked to an inner block (you call "shame") against sharing one's inner thoughts.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Don't get me wrong. I have no great love for Lena Dunham. But if we are to lambast her for something, then it should be her "fat acceptance" attitude, which advocates harmful, unhealthy behaviours, not her creepy childhood oversharing.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2014, 03:25:23 AM
Don't get me wrong. I have no great love for Lena Dunham. But if we are to lambast her for something, then it should be her "fat acceptance" attitude, which advocates harmful, unhealthy behaviours, not her creepy childhood oversharing.

Yeah, I'm actually with Marti on this one.  What she did as a kid was weird and maybe unhealthy, but it'd be better to get on her for what she's doing that's currently causing harm to herself and others.

The uproar over the vag story isn't really doing anything except selling more copies of her book.  Kinda surprised everyone's falling so hard for the troll.

Experience bij!