Lena Dunham Defends Herself After Being Accused of Molesting Her Sister

Started by garbon, November 02, 2014, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.people.com/article/lena-dunham-molestation-accusations-twitter

QuoteLena Dunham is fighting back at critics who accused her of molesting her younger sister based on a story in her book, Not That Kind of Girl.

The excerpt in question:

"One day, as I sat in our driveway in Long Island playing with blocks and buckets, my curiosity got the best of me. Grace was sitting up, babbling and smiling, and I leaned down between her legs and carefully spread open her vagina. She didn't resist and when I saw what was inside I shrieked."

"My mother came running. 'Mama, Mama! Grace has something in there!' "

"My mother didn't bother asking why I had opened Grace's vagina. This was within the spectrum of things I did. She just on her knees and looked for herself. It quickly became apparent that Grace had stuffed six or seven pebbles in there. My mother removed them patiently while Grace cackled, thrilled that her prank had been a success."

After the politically conservative site Truth Revolt alleged she had abused her sister, Dunham, 28, took to Twitter.

"The right wing news story that I molested my little sister isn't just LOL – it's really f------ upsetting and disgusting," she wrote.

"Usually this is stuff I can ignore but don't demean sufferers, don't twist words," she continued. "I told a story about being a weird seven year old. I bet you have some too ..."

One person who's apparently taking the situation in stride: Dunham's sister. In her final Tweet, Dunham wrote, "I wish my sister wasn't laughing so hard."

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2014/11/lena-dunham-memoir.html

QuoteLena is Hollywood's millennial golden girl and the accolades are a-plenty so there's much buzz around her memoir "Not That Kind of Girl." But yesterday, a website called Truth Revolt published one troubling excerpt from Lena's book about exploration of her sister's vagina when they were both children (Lena was 7, Grace was 1). That led to other people writing about other parts of the book that were equally worthy of epic side-eyes.

"One day, as I sat in our driveway in Long Island playing with blocks and buckets, my curiosity got the best of me. Grace was sitting up, babbling and smiling, and I leaned down between her legs and carefully spread open her vagina. She didn't resist and when I saw what was inside I shrieked.... My mother didn't bother asking why I had opened Grace's vagina. This was within the spectrum of things I did. She just on her knees and looked for herself. It quickly became apparent that Grace had stuffed six or seven pebbles in there. My mother removed them patiently while Grace cackled, thrilled that her prank had been a success."

Also, THIS (from Glamour):

'As she grew, I took to bribing her time and affection: one dollar in quarters if I could do her makeup like a "motorcycle chick." Three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds. Whatever she wanted to watch on TV if she would just "relax on me." Basically, anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl, I was trying.'

Let the church say: EW.

Somewhere else in the book, Lena talks about masturbating next to her sister in bed (and she was much older than 7 then). So, there are people who are understandably shocked and outraged by these pieces of her memoir and of the admittance in such a cavalier way. There are LAYERS and LEVELS to this dysfunction and none of them justify these excerpts.

Some people are saying Lena sexually molested her little sister, and that she's a predator. I'm stopping short of saying that but I can't just brush it off as "normal childhood behavior." Kids do creepy things but do those children turn around as adults to write about those moments like fond memories? Especially when those moments involve someone else's private parts that you "spread apart." Is it normal to compare what you did to something a sexual predator would as a full grown person?

If you're Lena Dunham the Weird, I guess so.

Even the way it was written makes me terribly uncomfortable ."...And I leaned down between her legs and carefully spread open her vagina. She didn't resist." If you didn't know she was talking about her sister, you'd think it was from an erotica. Reading that made me wince because that is about her baby sister! That "she didn't resist" piece gave it extra gross factor.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Um she was seven and she didn't touch anything....so....how is this news?  I mean weird as fuck but she is an actress.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2014, 09:33:58 PM
Um she was seven and she didn't touch anything....so....how is this news?  I mean weird as fuck but she is an actress.

QuoteKids do creepy things but do those children turn around as adults to write about those moments like fond memories? Especially when those moments involve someone else's private parts that you "spread apart." Is it normal to compare what you did to something a sexual predator would as a full grown person?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

HVC

Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 02, 2014, 09:36:12 PM
How did she become a thing and when is she going away.

She's the voice of this generation.
laryngitis would do this generation a lot of good. 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

This generation needs to know when to keep shit to itself.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

Ed Anger

Valmy

Hrm she is?  Maybe I should look up who exactly she is.

Oh she is the star of that show Girls everybody was talking about for a few seconds. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2014, 09:49:25 PM

Hrm she is?  Maybe I should look up who exactly she is.

Oh she is the star of that show Girls everybody was talking about for a few seconds.

Look up her nudes.

I'll wait.