Tea Party movement based in anti-minority attitudes

Started by merithyn, November 01, 2014, 12:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 03, 2014, 11:03:51 PM
I'd hit it.
Ugh no.  There's something wrong with her face that makes her look mannish.  I think it's a bit asymmetrical too. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

She does look like she knows her way around the softball field.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on November 03, 2014, 09:03:27 PM
I had wonderful hair.  But now I'll never be a crackpot with an easy do-nothing job.  Well, not one that pays well.

You should run for office. You're white, male, young, attractive, and have a law degree. No one will care what you stand for, so long as you speak clearly and point fingers.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on November 04, 2014, 11:24:49 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 03, 2014, 09:03:27 PM
I had wonderful hair.  But now I'll never be a crackpot with an easy do-nothing job.  Well, not one that pays well.

You should run for office. You're white, male, young, attractive, and have a law degree. No one will care what you stand for, so long as you speak clearly and point fingers.

Start local.  Run for school board, Ide.

Jacob

The "more death penalty" and "fuck the humanities" things may even play well in South Carolina. Not sure about the "state ownership of everything" thing, though.

The Minsky Moment

South Carolinians are OK with getting government money so long as they don't have to pay taxes for it.  Ideologue can take that line no problem, he can keep the part about raising the money by exterminating the kulaks in the fine print.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 04, 2014, 12:46:55 PM
South Carolinians are OK with getting government money so long as they don't have to pay taxes for it.  Ideologue can take that line no problem, he can keep the part about raising the money by exterminating the kulaks in the fine print.

Yeah, maybe some sort of "universal surveillance and repression of UNDESIRABLE ELEMENTS to fund TAX BREAKS and reasonable services for GOOD HONEST SOUTH CAROLINIANS, and the DEATH PENALTY for those who mess with GOOD HONEST SOUTH CAROLINIANS" and leave the fact that good honest South Carolinians and Undesirable Elements are both defined somewhat idiosyncratically.

citizen k

Quote from: dps on November 03, 2014, 10:58:33 PM
...the movement had started some months before, and was triggered by policies adopted by the Bush administration, not by policies Barack Obama planned to introduce.

Yep, this was the genesis of the movement:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/25/news/economy/bailout_protests/?postversion=2008092517

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/24/anti-bailout-sentiment-builds-online/

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: citizen k on November 04, 2014, 02:49:15 PM
Quote from: dps on November 03, 2014, 10:58:33 PM
...the movement had started some months before, and was triggered by policies adopted by the Bush administration, not by policies Barack Obama planned to introduce.

Yep, this was the genesis of the movement:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/25/news/economy/bailout_protests/?postversion=2008092517

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/24/anti-bailout-sentiment-builds-online/

So you are saying that ACORN and Democracy for America are part of the origins of the Tea party? :hmm:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2014, 07:22:33 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 03, 2014, 11:03:51 PM
I'd hit it.
Ugh no.  There's something wrong with her face that makes her look mannish.  I think it's a bit asymmetrical too. :)

I'm not sure that her face is manish, exactly, but there certainly is something wrong with it.  To start with, she looks about 15 years older than her actual age.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ender

Whoa, so much hatred against the tp.
What about all the minorities in the tp?
Quite a few.
Last time I checked the tp was a constitutional movement.
Too much religion in that lot, though.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ender on November 06, 2014, 06:33:26 AM
Whoa, so much hatred against the tp.
What about all the minorities in the tp?
Quite a few.
Last time I checked the tp was a constitutional movement.
Too much religion in that lot, though.

You need more thorough checking.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017