If you were the Israeli Prime Minister would you strike Iran's nuclear sites?

Started by jimmy olsen, June 13, 2009, 02:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were the Israeli Prime Minister would you strike Iran's nuclear sites?

Yes
18 (40.9%)
No
26 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

jimmy olsen

We've beat this issue to death here, so lets see how the issue stands by the numbers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

oK.

Abso-fucking-lutely yeah. Once our Intel shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that those nuclear sites are being used to create weapons-grade nukes.
Yeah.
As Israel prime minister, nukes in Iran, our avowed enemy, is not a good thing.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

Depends on who wins the election.
In Iran, that is.

On the other hand, if I were the Israeli prime minister, I'd have been elected on some peacenik agenda and would be inclined to slow-dance with the head of the PA and send flowers to Tehran each day with a card saying "Have I told you lately how much I love you?" along with strippers from IDF.

Jaron

No. With a hostile US administration, they have no chance of success.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grinning_Colossus

What, and get Haifa and the kibbutzes rocketed up by Hizbullah again? I think I'd rather just order the Mossad to foment rebellion from within.

In any case, we wouldn't get nuked on my watch, so I wouldn't be blamed.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Admiral Yi

If I thought a strike could eliminate Iran's capability with no chance of reconstitution, yes.

In other words, no.

Ahmadinejads Shaggy Beard

QuoteYes
    - 11 (52.4%)

I can only surmise that the majority of this board are idiots, an Israeli bombing of Iran's nuclear sites would be geopolitical armageddon in the Middle East. You could kiss goodbye any rapproachment with Iran and the Islamic world, serious retardment of the Palestinian peace process, and angrier Hizbullah and Hamas, a ferocious Iranian response in Iraq and possibly Afghanistan. Israeli-US relations would be crippled...no, actually that would be a good thing. And worst of all, a bombing would most likely delay Iran's nuclear programme for a month or two at most. There's a reason that the most pro-Israeli US administration in history refused to greenlight an attack (allegedly).

Ahmadinejads Shaggy Beard

Quote from: Josephus on June 13, 2009, 03:09:29 PM
Abso-fucking-lutely yeah. Once our Intel shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that those nuclear sites are being used to create weapons-grade nukes.
Yeah.

Yeah, no.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Probably Ed or Jaron. Either way, not worth paying attention, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

saskganesh

officially Israel will not confirm or deny possesion of nukes so I assume this poll is hypothetical, based on rumoured capacity.  :P

voted no. cop to having weapons and work more on international arms down.
humans were created in their own image

The Brain

Quote from: saskganesh on June 14, 2009, 02:01:02 AM
officially Israel will not confirm or deny possesion of nukes so I assume this poll is hypothetical, based on rumoured capacity.  :P

voted no. cop to having weapons and work more on international arms down.

You think that Israel has no capacity to strike Iran except by nukes?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.