And we're back!

Main Menu

Polish News Thread

Started by Martinus, September 30, 2014, 10:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 16, 2015, 01:15:44 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:10:57 PM
Ok, tell it to people who make fun of "Dawid" and "Wiktor" all the time. Or is the rule not applicable to boyfriends?

Exactly. Chivalry doesn't apply to gay dudes just because their partner makes more money than they do.  :P

Well, "Olga" probably makes more money than Tamas, so...

Besides, I'm a feminist. I don't pull punches only because someone has a vagina.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2015, 01:16:59 PM
Ok, tell it to people who make fun of "Dawid" and "Wiktor" all the time. Or is the rule not applicable to boyfriends?

Has Tamas ever made fun of Dawid or Wiktor?

Dude, I thought Languish is a free for all, battle royale. You'd got to be pretty anal to remember every slight and every blow from everyone and only respond proportionately.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:18:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2015, 01:16:59 PM

Has Tamas ever made fun of Dawid or Wiktor?

Dude, I thought Languish is a free for all, battle royale. You'd got to be pretty anal to remember every slight and every blow from everyone and only respond proportionately.

Only a certain subset of posters behaves this way, actually.

All I know is that you should feel free to take any and all shots at me that you want, but I'd be pissed if you took shots at my wife and kids.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

If I said that you and your wife support a certain politician, would I be taking shots at her?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on January 16, 2015, 05:46:55 AM
It is about the principle, no secrets have been revealed here. And I thought the whole idea of having Marty back was to start considering him a non-sociopath despite his history.

No, for some odd reason some people thought he had reformed.  That was obviously a wrong conclusion to draw.  He tried to be on his best behavior for the first while but his true character could not be restrained forever. 

Admiral Yi

No you don't.

To make it easy for you, Seedy is the only one that takes shots at Wiktor, and only to the extent of ridiculing the name.

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:05:06 PM
But objectively, guys, do you agree with Tamas here?
Not really, no. He's being a bit thin-skinned, and his poking of you has been counter productive as well.

QuoteI'm a bad man because I make fun of the fact that his girlfriend supports a racist, homophobic, antisemitic politician who uses words like "niggers" from the European Parliament's speech podium?

Does she in fact support that guy, or did you make that up?

QuoteHow is it at all about "my antics"?

Well, if she does in fact support that guy and he is as bad as you say (I expect I probably agree more with your PoV on him than Tamas') then dragging her into a political discussion here is a somewhat mean spirited way to get at Tamas.

If she does not in fact support that guy, then it's a completely spurius and somewhat mean spirited way to get at Tamas.

If you made up her support to get a mean spirited blow in at Tamas while implicating his private life, then that qualifies as antics IMO, especially when you then respond to private communication with public mockery.

... in fact, responding to private communication with public mockery is pretty much antics no matter what, IMO.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 16, 2015, 01:39:26 PM

No you don't.

To make it easy for you, Seedy is the only one that takes shots at Wiktor, and only to the extent of ridiculing the name.

Well, Crazy Canuck has previously called Dawid a gold digger.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:40:41 PM

QED

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on January 16, 2015, 01:40:33 PM
Does she in fact support that guy, or did you make that up?

Tamas is a great fan of him. So I assume it is her influence. I explained it earlier in this thread.

In fact, I never saw or met or learned anything about her. All I know is that he has a Polish girlfriend. So this is all the more ridiculous. I am just talking about some abstraction of a person. Which is completely different if, say, I was making fun of BB's wife, whom I actually met.

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on January 16, 2015, 01:40:33 PM
.. in fact, responding to private communication with public mockery is pretty much antics no matter what, IMO.

Does the content of the private communication have no bearing on that? I mean, my PM to Raz telling him to kill himself was private communication - was then he engaging in antics for publishing it?

I sense a hell lot of double standards in this thread.  :hmm:

Martinus

Jacob

CdM makes fun of everybody's relationships, pretty much, and usually in proportion to how frequently the poster brings them up.

That doesn't mean everyone thinks it's fair game to go after someone through their personal relationships.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:40:41 PM

No you don't.

In the context of you discussing how much you spend on him  :contract:

Eddie Teach

Not true. I even said his next boyfriend should be named Wincent.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?