News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Polish News Thread

Started by Martinus, September 30, 2014, 10:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So I decide to (re)start a thread with news from Poland. For starters, I give you this gem:

QuoteDonkeys reunited at Polish zoo after sex scandal

By Associated Press September 25

WARSAW, Poland — Napoleon is now back with his Antosia.

The two amorous donkeys who were separated because of an outcry over their lovemaking have been reunited at a zoo in Poland.

The couple, together for 10 years, got into trouble when mothers expressed outrage that children had to witness their mating. Local conservative official Lydia Dudziak took up their cause and persuaded the director of the zoo in Poznan to have the animals put in separate pens.

The zoo acknowledged making a mistake Thursday and said the donkeys are again in one pen after about a week apart.

"It was never our intention for any animals to feel uncomfortable because of their natural behaviors," the zoo said in a statement.

The interruption of the long-standing romance turned into a national news item in Poland in the past days. Nearly 7,000 people signed a petition to have them reunited.

Two fan pages appeared on Facebook devoted to their cause, with a total of nearly 10,000 likes — and photos of donkeys in the act.

Experts weighed in, saying the separation could hurt their psychological wellbeing. Politicians were asked about it on the country's leading news programs.

"Animals separated by sex into different cages? It's complete idiocy," said Stefan Niesiolowski, a lawmaker with the governing party, Civic Platform.

Even the spokesman for Law and Justice, the conservative party that Dudziak belongs to, would not come to her defense.

"It's a level of absurdity ... that has been crossed to such an extent that I don't even want to read or know about this," Adam Hofman said Wednesday evening.

In their decade together, Napoleon and Antosia have produced six offspring, including two-month old Tadeusz.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/donkeys-reunited-at-polish-zoo-after-sex-scandal/2014/09/25/a7aaf60e-44ab-11e4-8042-aaff1640082e_story.html

Imagine the scandal if both donkeys were male.  :ph34r:

Valmy

They named a Donkey after Napoleon?  But....

Dał nam przykład Bonaparte,
Jak zwyciężać mamy.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on September 30, 2014, 01:14:13 PM
They named a Donkey after Napoleon?  But....

Dał nam przykład Bonaparte,
Jak zwyciężać mamy.

raciss
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2014, 10:33:10 AM

QuoteIn their decade together, Napoleon and Antosia have produced six offspring, including two-month old Tadeusz.

Imagine the scandal if both donkeys were male.  :ph34r:

It would certainly be surprising.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Here is a bit of good news (could also go into the gay thread):

QuoteHow This Chiseled Boxing Champ Became The Unlikely New Face Of Gay Rights In Poland

The Polish gay rights movement has a new advocate who is equal parts unlikely as he is effective. And boy can they use the help. Boxer Dariusz Michalczewski, or 'Tiger' as he's known to just about everyone in the country, became a household name during his decade-long dominance as a light heavyweight champion.

Tiger defected to Germany in 1988, where he continued his boxing career under the German flag and became an international star.

Now retired, he's lending some much needed support to the fight for gay rights in Poland, where same-sex marriage and gay adoption remain goals just barely on the horizon.

But Tiger's support is more than a mere symbolic gesture. He's causing the needle to move.

He first appeared in photographs attending an event organized by gay rights group Shoulder to Shoulder on Equality — L.G.B.T. and Friends with a sign that read, "I am an ally of L.G.B.T. people, because I want to live in a country where my gay friends are not discriminated against."

In a TV appearance, he engaged directly with right-wing politicians, asking them: "What if your daughter were a lesbian? What if your son were gay? If it were my child, I would love him very much. And I would support him in everything, because he'd be my child!"

The fact that he is so universally liked among Poles means his support does not go unnoticed. Marek Jakubiak, owner of the popular Polish brewery Ciechan, had some choice words about the former pugilist's new role as advocate.

He took to Facebook, posting: "Boxing is supposedly harmful and this is the indisputable proof!" He also made some disparaging comments about Tiger's mother. Classy.

Jakubiak's comments have lead to a boycott of Ciechan beer, which represents a major step forward in public opinion for gay rights in the conservative Catholic nation. It's a boycott led by liberal activists, but a successful one nonetheless.

Tiger told the New York Times:
"I am worried that two generations will have to die off and it will only be the third that will have a normal attitude toward gays and lesbians. I am very sorry for those who are at the barricades fighting for their rights because they probably won't succeed in their lifetimes. To me, their struggle is like the struggle against Communism."

We wish Tiger and the fight for rights in Poland many more successes down the road.

On a completely unrelated note, the Times also points out that the 1995 Marky Mark song "No Mercy" was written about Tiger. He and Mark Whalberg became friends in the early '90s.

http://www.queerty.com/how-this-chiseled-boxing-champ-became-the-unlikely-new-face-of-gay-rights-in-poland-20141002

Razgovory

I thought this was going to be news in the exciting field of burnishing and the like. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

So, it might be of interest to Tamas that the Polish bowtie racist libertarian guy (that he and his girlfriend apparently adore) has been kicked out of the party that he started and is now starting a new party.  :D

Martinus

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 03:45:04 AM
So, it might be of interest to Tamas that the Polish bowtie racist libertarian guy (that he and his girlfriend apparently adore) has been kicked out of the party that he started and is now starting a new party.  :D

Ok guys wanna hear something funny. Tamas just sent me a PM in relation to this post ASKING ME NOT TO SHARE STUFF ABOUT HIM THAT FIREBLADE TELLS ME AFTER TAMAS TELLS IT TO FIREBLADE.

There is so much wrong with that request, I don't even know where to begin.  :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Dude, if you don't want everybody finding out about something, ask the person you tell it not to spread it around. Or better yet, if that person is Fireblade, don't tell it at all.

Tamas

Welcome back Marty, good to have you around.

Eddie Teach

On the one hand, you should never tell Fireblade secrets. On the other hand, why would liking a particular politician be worth keeping secret?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 16, 2015, 04:47:25 AM
On the one hand, you should never tell Fireblade secrets. On the other hand, why would liking a particular politician be worth keeping secret?  :huh:

It's not a secret at all. It's about the principle.

Martinus

Yeah, this is exactly my point. So the fact that after posting that I got a passive agressive PM written in an accusatory tone from Tamas just left me perplexed and, initially, angry. I decided to turn it into a cause for an amusement instead.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on January 16, 2015, 04:48:26 AM

It's not a secret at all. It's about the principle.

You have defended that politician on this forum several times before.

Fireblade

Goddamn I wake up and both of these Eurofags are messaging me about their stupid little squabble.

Is European unity dead?  :cry:

Syt

If anyone shares personal info they don't want the rest of the world to know with the Unholy Trinity of FB, Jaron and Mart, then he deserves all humiliation that might result from it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.