Columbia student carrying mattress until school expels her rapist

Started by garbon, September 24, 2014, 08:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

merithyn

Quote from: Jacob on September 30, 2014, 10:20:41 AM
Quote from: merithyn on September 30, 2014, 10:08:48 AMOkay.

Basically, what happened is that due process determined that there wasn't enough evidence that a rape had happened to take action; therefore - as a matter of objective fact - a rape did not happen. If anyone thinks a rape may have happened, including the woman who alleged that she was raped, they are objectively wrong.

:)

As I mentioned, I'm not objective on these topics, which is why I generally stay out. In this case, derspeiss specifically asked my opinion, so I gave it. I'm certainly not going to argue over some minutiae with anyone.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Jacob's post makes no sense to me, either as a response to someone else's post or as a description of the situation.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2014, 10:51:01 AM
Jacob's post makes no sense to me, either as a response to someone else's post or as a description of the situation.

I'm going to wait for Malthus to weigh in.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2014, 10:51:01 AM
Okay.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2014, 11:05:44 AM
Quote from: Jacob on September 30, 2014, 11:01:11 AM

:lol: Pouty.

Your post makes no sense to me, either as a response to someone else's post or as a description of the situation.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on September 30, 2014, 11:01:11 AM

Dunno why he should.  He'll never convince those who believe that 19 out of 20 things Canadians say are lies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on September 30, 2014, 11:10:21 AM
Your post makes no sense to me, either as a response to someone else's post or as a description of the situation.

This is fun.

Meri, maybe you can explain to me what you got from Jacob's post.

Berkut

I don't entirely agree with Jacob, but I don't have any trouble understanding what he is trying to communicate.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2014, 11:13:25 AM

Meri, maybe you can explain to me what you got from Jacob's post.

I understood him to be saying that, according to many on Languish, because the University panel didn't believe the girl had been raped, no one else is allowed to believe otherwise, including the girl. It seems that several on Languish believe that the panel has created a fact by giving their opinion.

That's my interpretation of what he was saying, anyway. Does that help?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on September 30, 2014, 11:20:32 AM
I understood him to be saying that, according to many on Languish, because the University panel didn't believe the girl had been raped, no one else is allowed to believe otherwise, including the girl. It seems that several on Languish believe that the panel has created a fact by giving their opinion.

That's my interpretation of what he was saying, anyway. Does that help?

Thanks.  Do you believe that to be an accurate characterization of some posters' positions?

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2014, 11:14:27 AM
I don't entirely agree with Jacob, but I don't have any trouble understanding what he is trying to communicate.

It's long been established that Yi and I are basically unable to communicate. Every so often, one of us attempts to break through, but it never seems to work out :(