News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Well Can You Hear Audio Quality?

Started by Liep, June 06, 2015, 03:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

I failed spectacularly on my Sonos speakers, I'll take the test later on my stereo and once with my headphones.

2/6  :Embarrass:

The only one I was certain of was the classical music snippet.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Same 2/6.  I heard a difference in the classical.  I also heard it in Neil Young - its hard to make the whiney voice sound better.

Brezel

3/6 on laptop built-in speakers. Only on Katy Perry and Suzanne Vega songs could I hear the difference (or that's what I like to think). Other than those and one random pick, I selected the sample with the lowest quality.  :mellow:

Agelastus

3 out of 6 using a pair of Beats headphones on my PC (with the TV on in the background.) Vega, Neil Young and Coldplay.

The three I picked "wrong" I went for the 320kbs MP3 each time.

Vega seemed to have the most difference to me - maybe it's a quality of her voice. :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Admiral Yi

All three of the Neil Young tracks sounded like they were recorded in a dumpster.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

4/6.  just by listening to my laptops internal speaker.

Y'all need hearing aids.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

You got 4 out of 6 correct!

If you did well on this and were listening through built-in speakers, you either have extraordinary ears or got lucky.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Heh well I know in my case it is hearing as wasn't in camera dept I'd be doing audio mixing/engineering.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son