Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 25, 2014, 12:05:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 12:00:17 PM
I'm not really sure the exact circumstances of her case are all that important.

Is whether or not she was raped not that important?

I don't see how we're ever actually going to know - unless she comes out sometime saying she wasn't.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on September 25, 2014, 11:35:57 AM
As an art piece, what she's doing is very successful. I'm guessing it's also a whole lot more satisfying than being grilled by NYPD's finest, including the guy whose base premise is that he deals with 20 fake rape cases for every real one and it's his job to ferret that out by being abrasive.

So to me it makes perfect sense for her to have taken the course of action that she did.

Do you believe her claim?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on September 25, 2014, 12:15:44 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 25, 2014, 11:35:57 AM
As an art piece, what she's doing is very successful. I'm guessing it's also a whole lot more satisfying than being grilled by NYPD's finest, including the guy whose base premise is that he deals with 20 fake rape cases for every real one and it's his job to ferret that out by being abrasive.

So to me it makes perfect sense for her to have taken the course of action that she did.

Do you believe her claim?

;)
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 12:13:07 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 25, 2014, 12:08:39 PM
Well I screwed that one up.

Going with what you meant to say. Important in what sense?

I would say that the details of actual event are more important then the details of a non-event.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on September 25, 2014, 12:48:18 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 25, 2014, 12:15:44 PMDo you believe her claim?

I don't see any reason not to.

Do you believe her?

Do you have reason to believe the man she has accused is lying?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on September 25, 2014, 12:52:21 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 25, 2014, 12:15:44 PMDo you believe her claim?

Do you believe her?

We haven't actually hear anything from the accused man.

grumbler

Do you believe her?
:huh:  After an investigation, the case was reviewed by the competent tribunal, and the preponderance of evidence was found to be on the side of the accused.  After a review by the school dean of students, the finding was confirmed.  You are saying the guy was lying and the investigators, tribunal, and dean were all incompetent.  What reason do you find for this belief?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 12:53:26 PM

We have from the accused girl that the accused man said he wasn't guilty.

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on September 25, 2014, 12:57:24 PM:huh:  After an investigation, the case was reviewed by the competent tribunal, and the preponderance of evidence was found to be on the side of the accused.  After a review by the school dean of students, the finding was confirmed.  You are saying the guy was lying and the investigators, tribunal, and dean were all incompetent.  What reason do you find for this belief?

:huh:

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on September 25, 2014, 12:58:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 12:53:26 PM

We have from the accused girl that the accused man said he wasn't guilty.
[/quote]

We have from the girl that she was raped too.