Yes (I'd vote no)
8 (12.1%)
No (I'd vote yes)
4 (6.1%)
No (I'd also vote no)
38 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Habbaku

If Scotland votes for independence, will that make the UK out of kilter?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on September 18, 2014, 04:52:20 PM
No exit polls makes things more exciting.

Same reason I dislike headlights.  That reminds me, in solidarity with my Anglo comrades across the sea, I drove on the left side of the road today.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 18, 2014, 04:59:42 PM
CNN's poll of polls gives 52% No and 58% YES  :hmm:

:hmm:  Intern due to lose his job?

DGuller

viper37

Scotch lovers watch out: independence could hurt

Hmm, so, if Scotch has trouble penetrating the Euro markets, it means they will lower their price and seek out new markets.
I fail to see how that's bad for me. :huh:

That's like, if, say, South Western Australia wanted to secede and one of the risks was for cheaper wine, I'd support them with all my heart!  :hug:

(seriously, some of the arguments in this piece are ridiculous. if they are any indicative of how the NO campaigned, no wonder there's 48% support to the YES now).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: mongers on September 18, 2014, 05:59:27 PM
Shall we have a Referendum results live thread or keep the results/chat in this one?
Keep it here please, if you don't mind.  :)

I'm midly curious about the result.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Expected times of results, not the 'big beast' city councils aren't likely to declare before 5.00 BST (midnight EST?)

Declaration times by council area
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar - 02:00 (There were concerns this may be delayed as fog was causing problems at Stornoway airport earlier)
North Lanarkshire - 02:00
Inverclyde - 02:00
Orkney - 02:00
East Lothian - 02:00
Perth & Kinross- 02:00
Moray - 02:00
Clackmannanshire - 02:30
West Dunbartonshire - 03:00
Dumfries & Galloway - 03:00
Angus - 03:00
South Lanarkshire - 03:00
East Renfrewshire - 03:00
Dundee - 03:00
Falkirk - 03:00
Renfrewshire - 03:00
East Ayrshire - 03:00
Aberdeenshire - 03:00
Stirling - 03:00
Midlothian - 03:30
Argyll & Bute - 03:30
West Lothian - 03:30
South Ayrshire - 03:30
Shetland - 03:30
East Dunbartonshire - 03:30
Fife - 04:00
Highland - 04:00
North Ayrshire - 04:30
Scottish Borders - 05:00
Edinburgh - 05:00
Glasgow - 05:00
Aberdeen - 06:00

Full article here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29264278
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

10 allegations of electoral fraud in Glasgow, which is pretty grim if there's truth to them :(

It looks like it'll be a record post-war turnout :o :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Read an Economist article on the financial future of an independent Scotland, and it seemed to say that accepting responsibility for part of the national debt would be a voluntary act.  :huh:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 18, 2014, 07:07:45 PM
Read an Economist article on the financial future of an independent Scotland, and it seemed to say that accepting responsibility for part of the national debt would be a voluntary act.  :huh:
Why the :huh:?

Beginning to get nervous. Yes campaigners apparently starting to perk up after looking glum in Dundee and increasingly confident about Glasgow which earlier was talked about as No by double figures :o :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Oh God. Orkney is recounting because of a discrepancy of one vote :bleeding:

That council worker should be shot tomorrow <_<

Edit: Oh good looks like the Yes people are glum again :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

PJL

Am watching the BBC Scotland coverage and someone just said Balkanised in reference to having a more federal UK.

jimmy olsen

Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/scottish-independence-blog/live/2014/sep/18/scottish-referendum-results-live-coverage-of-the-independence-vote
QuoteNo sources anticipating a No win in Aberdeenshire, where Salmond has his seat

According to the Credit Suisse analysis, Aberdeenshire had a yes rating of 7 out of 10.

This explains why Alex Salmond was not keen to be there.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

I'd rather yes in Aberdeenshire than Glasgow.

Edit: Incidentally there are four ballot papers in Glasgow now in evidence bags. I think Sky maybe pushed the electoral fraud allegations a bit too hard :mellow:

No are getting more confident, I'm still a little nervous. Horrible fear it'll be like 2004.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

We're due to get the result from Clackmannanshire soon. This was seen as one of the best areas for yes. (It gets a 10 out of 10 on the Credit Suisse rating - see here.)

This is from STV's Peter Smith.
Peter A Smith @PeterAdamSmith
Follow

No campaigners are smiling and hugging in Clackmannanshire. Yes campaigners not reacting at all. #ScotDecides #indyref
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point