NFL 2014 Week One....Momma Said Knock Your Wife Out

Started by CountDeMoney, September 04, 2014, 06:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

According to this NOW chick, domestic violence is a big part of the culture of the NFL.  Dan did sort of call her out for not making any attempt to reach out & work directly with the NFL.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Of course it is;  it's the extension of the jock culture of accommodation for athletes and their ability to avoid accountability that goes all the way back through colleges to high school.  It's all about bitches and hoes.

So stop defending Ray Rice.

Ed Anger

Dan's penis was ritually sacrificed to Vaginacunticus, the Misandry goddess.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2014, 09:23:33 AM
Of course it is;  it's the extension of the jock culture of accommodation for athletes and their ability to avoid accountability that goes all the way back through colleges to high school.  It's all about bitches and hoes.

I love football as much as anyone, but in the end it's just a game.  Slappin' bitches & hoes may be a part of some other culture, but it's not in "the NFL culture".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2014, 09:31:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2014, 09:23:33 AM

I love football as much as anyone, but in the end it's just a game.  Slappin' bitches & hoes may be a part of some other culture, but it's not in "the NFL culture".

So are you saying there is no NFL culture or that this particularly distasteful element isn't part of NFL culture?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Derspeiss parties with professional athletes, so he knows what's down after hours at the clubs.

Ed Anger

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2014, 10:11:04 AM
Spicy is busy clipping Mike Brown's coupons.

TRUE FACT: I once drove his (free from the dealership) car to a dealership to have a (free from the NFL) Sirius radio installed.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2014, 09:46:51 AM
So are you saying there is no NFL culture or that this particularly distasteful element isn't part of NFL culture?

I am sort of questioning the existence of an NFL culture.  If it exists, it's pretty minimal.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2014, 10:19:00 AM

TRUE FACT: I once drove his (free from the dealership) car to a dealership to have a (free from the NFL) Sirius radio installed.

:lol:

He tip you a quarter afterwards?

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2014, 10:22:38 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2014, 10:19:00 AM

:lol:

He tip you a quarter afterwards?

No, but I got to reach into the candy jar and take as much as I could carry :contract:

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2014, 10:20:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2014, 09:46:51 AM

I am sort of questioning the existence of an NFL culture.  If it exists, it's pretty minimal.

Why's that? After all, it isn't unheard of for a culture to develop around certain professions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2014, 10:53:11 AM
Why's that? After all, it isn't unheard of for a culture to develop around certain professions.

I just think people try to attach way too much to what in the end, is still just a game.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2014, 11:04:33 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2014, 10:53:11 AM

I just think people try to attach way too much to what in the end, is still just a game.

But isn't it more than that? Isn't it a multi-billion dollar industry?