NFL 2014 Week One....Momma Said Knock Your Wife Out

Started by CountDeMoney, September 04, 2014, 06:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2014, 09:11:11 PM
So there can never be rehabilitation?

Not for Mick Vick, and not for you.  You'll be cunty forever.

Valmy

At least this distracts everybody from mocking all the hilarious propaganda the Redskins have been putting out there recently.  They were spamming my twitter about how some Blackfoot dude was proud to have his skin so honored.

I guess I don't get what changed with people seeing the video.  We already knew he beat the shit out of his wife, we saw him dragging her unconscious from an elevator.  We just had to get indisputable video evidence?  Now women are all mad and are going to boycott the NFL?  Now we should be ashamed to be watching the Lions play the Giants?  Why didn't all this happen way back in the summer?

*after further review the outrage on the field was insufficient*
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2014, 09:22:29 PM

At least I give more than lip service to caring about women. Is that one of your pick up artist techniques?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2014, 09:24:27 PM
I guess I don't get what changed with people seeing the video.  We already knew he beat the shit out of his wife, we saw him dragging her unconscious from an elevator.  We just had to get indisputable video evidence?

Pretty sure even I spoke to this already. There's a big difference between watching a vid and just imagining the visual in your head.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2014, 09:24:27 PM
At least this distracts everybody from mocking all the hilarious propaganda the Redskins have been putting out there recently.  They were spamming my twitter about how some Blackfoot dude was proud to have his skin so honored.

Not so fast, my friend!

QuoteEtsy bans Redskins name and logo

Etsy, the popular online marketplace for homemade and vintage products and other "unique goods," announced on Tuesday that it was banning the Redskins name and logo from its site, effective immediately.

"Like the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, we at Etsy find the opinion of the minority group itself to carry most weight in determining whether the mascot is disparaging," the company said in a statement posted on its blog. "In no uncertain terms, Native American groups have consistently advocated and litigated that the term 'redskin(s)' is disparaging and damaging to Native Americans. Therefore, it will no longer be permitted in our marketplace.

"We understand that fans wish to support their favorite football team, and we do not believe that fans who are attached to the mascot have any racist feeling or intent," the statement continued. "We also understand that some fans view the name and mascot as an homage to Native Americans, and we do not doubt their noble intent, but the fact remains that Native Americans themselves find the term unacceptable."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/09/09/etsy-bans-redskins-name-and-logo/?hpid=z3

QuoteI guess I don't get what changed with people seeing the video.  We already knew he beat the shit out of his wife, we saw him dragging her unconscious from an elevator.  We just had to get indisputable video evidence?

Just imagine how the gun control argument would've changed if they released the crime scene photos from Sandy Hook, and your average American saw what a .223 Remington does to the skull of a 6 year old child.  Other than that, it's just text, just like "struck her and rendered her unconscious" without context, as g said.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2014, 09:28:29 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2014, 09:22:29 PM

At least I give more than lip service to caring about women. Is that one of your pick up artist techniques?

I really don't see how, by calling out the NFL and the commissioner on how they have handled this issue or how they have handled other issues in the past, I have in any way endorsed Ray Rice's actions.  But that's Languish for you.  Enjoy your smugness, cunt.

Valmy

Yeah what the hell?  CdM has been on the right side this whole time, he even referred to it in the Week One thread title.  I guess I missed something.

Anyway pretty sad the NFL actually has to see domestic violence to do the right thing about it.  Or I guess be afraid of what will happen when other people see it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jacob

I think garbon hasn't actually read any of CdM's posts and just assumes that since he is a Ravens fan, CdM is defending Ray Rice?

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2014, 09:32:05 PM
Not so fast, my friend!

Snyder really is the gift that keeps on giving.  He has no principles at all when it comes to treating the fans right or letting his employees do their jobs but damn if he will ever budge an inch on this name stuff.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on September 09, 2014, 09:54:01 PM
I think garbon hasn't actually read any of CdM's posts and just assumes that since he is a Ravens fan, CdM is defending Ray Rice?

I've read the jokes and the cavalier posts.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2014, 09:47:02 PM
Yeah what the hell?  CdM has been on the right side this whole time, he even referred to it in the Week One thread title.  I guess I missed something.

What you missed is that Languish is full of self-righteous, overly judgmental cunts.

QuoteAnyway pretty sad the NFL actually has to see domestic violence to do the right thing about it.  Or I guess be afraid of what will happen when other people see it.

Now the league's problem is they've set a precedent.   Rice's assault charge was already adjudicated in legal land, and the league's actions have already shredded their own newly-minted policy. 

What happens to the other two players that have outstanding DV charges in New York and San Francisco, since the official policy is apparently out the window?  6 games suspension first offense without video? But suspended indefinitely with video? 
Teams can do what they want with their players, but from the league perspective, how is the Players' Association going to deal with this, and how does it fall within the guidelines of the collective bargaining agreement? 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2014, 10:03:20 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 09, 2014, 09:54:01 PM

I've read the jokes and the cavalier posts.

Good.  Now give Ed his share of shit, cunt.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Fuck you.  Collaborator.  Or should I say, collaborateur, French landowning fuck.