Large Hadron Collider could be on the verge of finding a parallel universe

Started by jimmy olsen, October 21, 2015, 05:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2015, 04:03:47 PM
There are theoretically an infinite number of universes where Arizona wins the NCAA Championship every year.

And yet there is no universe in the infinite number where Wyoming has a winning season.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on October 23, 2015, 10:11:59 AM
There are theoretically an infinite number of universes where Arizona wins the NCAA Championship every year.

And yet there is no universe in the infinite number where Wyoming has a winning season.

There is but the physics of that universe are so completely different from ours that it would be impossible to witness the event.

mongers

A kitchen ware company needs to start a range with the band Hadron, that way I won't be wrong when I always misread it as large hadron colander.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 23, 2015, 10:34:29 AM
Quote from: PDH on October 23, 2015, 10:11:59 AM

There is but the physics of that universe are so completely different from ours that it would be impossible to witness the event.

That goes double for the Leafs winning the Cup. Such a universe would not support sentient life (though that does not, of course, rule out professional sports  :P ).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 23, 2015, 11:30:43 AM
Quote from: Malthus on October 23, 2015, 11:25:38 AM
That goes double for the Leafs winning the Cup.

They've actually done that 13 times.

Not since I was born, they haven't. And I'm pretty old. ;)

The Leafs won the cup in a different era.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius