Sure, why not.
51 (62.2%)
No fucking way.
25 (30.5%)
Ja:ron
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 81

katmai

Silly Mono, the only people who talk about how much they are making aren't making that much.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: Monoriu on August 11, 2014, 10:50:00 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on August 11, 2014, 10:43:28 PM
Alci subsists on the government's dime while investing pretty much his entire salary, while Marti is paid in Polish money, so I can see why it might have seemed competitive. He must be paid a lot of Polish money.

But Martinus works for a big international law firm, right?  He was briefly transferred to London or something, if I remember correctly.  The point being, that he must be paid in a sum that is competitive internationally.  Even if it is in Polish money, it must be a ton of Polish money that is still extremely attractive when converted to other currencies :mmm:

You should let him wash your feet.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on August 11, 2014, 11:00:23 PM
Silly Mono, the only people who talk about how much they are making aren't making that much.

And/or extremely vulgar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2014, 02:06:40 AM
You know, I really should have access to the backroom.
No one asks for the backroom, the backroom asks for you.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on August 10, 2014, 10:04:48 PM
Well I thought he had cured himself of his addiction for this place.  It appears he has not.  So why not?
You don't feed one's addiction, that's just bad taste.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on August 11, 2014, 09:48:08 PM
I remember some sort of contest between BB and him about their pay, and I think Martinus won handily.
BB is a civil servant, of course Marty wons.  Most of us working full time probably make more than BB.

DGuller

Hmm, Martinus is a rich lawyer who works for some kind of huge international firm, right?  My impression is that he is easily one of the five richest posters on this board.  I remember some sort of contest between BB and him about their pay, and I think Martinus won handily.
Speaking of which, isn't it funny how the richest posters here also come off as some of the less bright ones?  :hmm:

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on August 12, 2014, 01:11:06 AM
Hmm, Martinus is a rich lawyer who works for some kind of huge international firm, right?  My impression is that he is easily one of the five richest posters on this board.  I remember some sort of contest between BB and him about their pay, and I think Martinus won handily.
Speaking of which, isn't it funny how the richest posters here also come off as some of the less bright ones?  :hmm:

Crazy Canuck and Malthus seem pretty bright to me  :huh:

Syt

Quote from: Monoriu on August 12, 2014, 01:23:49 AM

And Minsky.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Minsky's bright enough not to have given us any real details on how rich he is. People just assume that he's rich because he knows about expensive wines.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Minsky is one of the few you I don't have any idea on a real identity.  All I know is he's a Jew who works in at a lawfirm in Manhattan near Grand Central.  Maybe he works at Davis Polk.  If that was true, he'd be quite wealthy indeed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Anybody with any experience of the world would say no. No that is not funny. :p
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Monoriu on August 12, 2014, 01:23:49 AM

:face:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Gups

Quote from: viper37 on August 11, 2014, 11:09:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2014, 02:06:40 AM
You know, I really should have access to the backroom.
No one asks for the backroom, the backroom asks for you.

I used to be in TBR but am not any more. I have no idea why, though not particualrly bothered.

Seems weird having a thread about Marty that wasn't started by him.

Valmy

Quote from: Gups on August 12, 2014, 11:45:28 AM
I used to be in TBR but am not any more. I have no idea why, though not particualrly bothered.

Because we moved boards in 2009 and forgot to add you back I assume.  Either that or you were caught up in one of PDH's hundred or so purges.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."