News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

mongers

Well those announced sanction seem very weak, especially as Russian troops are now about to cross Ukraine's internationally recognised borders in the East of the country.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on February 21, 2022, 02:18:40 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 21, 2022, 02:13:19 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 21, 2022, 02:11:56 PMWhy would you think they are safe?
Because they're in NATO and benefits from a mutual defence pact with the US.

QuoteI don't think there is any doubt that if this is allowed to stand, there will be another to follow.
Probably Moldova. Or provocations in the West Balkans.

Bernie will remind people of the "complex history".

???
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1495175761032101889
QuoteMany millions of Russians and Ukrainians died during World War II. The Russian and Ukrainian people do not need a new war, nor does the rest of the world. There is a diplomatic solution to this crisis. It is tragic that Putin seems intent on rejecting it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on February 21, 2022, 05:34:16 PM
What are the US internal politics like on this? Is the GOP lining up to support the nation in this moment of crisis? Are they arguing that Biden is "too weak"? Or are they chafing to kiss and make up with Putin sempai once they call the shots again?
Front page of Fox News has him looking like a villain
QuoteUN diplomats gather for emergency meeting as Putin fans flames by sending troops into UkraineWAR AND PEACE
DEVELOPING
UN diplomats gather for emergency meeting as Putin fans flames by sending troops into Ukraine
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

So have they crossed the international border or not?  I've only seen stuff that says they've been ordered to cross.

Zoupa

Syt

Edit of a journalist reporting on the Ukraine situation in English, Luxembourgish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/syag3b/ap_journalist_gives_reports_on_ukraine_in_6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The depressing bit is that his German bit is for Servus TV which has become the main station for Covidiots in Austria.  :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I wasn't aware of the Nova Russia claims until you guys posted the map. Seems quite likely thats the goal, then. Credit where credit due Putin has managed to confuse the West by initially only using the rebel held turf as staging area. Now all he will get is a few sternly worded letters while he prepares for the proper invasion. Let's hope the Ukrainians put the time to good use and that the US continues the weapon shipments.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on February 22, 2022, 03:20:08 AM
I wasn't aware of the Nova Russia claims until you guys posted the map. Seems quite likely thats the goal, then. Credit where credit due Putin has managed to confuse the West by initially only using the rebel held turf as staging area. Now all he will get is a few sternly worded letters while he prepares for the proper invasion. Let's hope the Ukrainians put the time to good use and that the US continues the weapon shipments.
What map? I missed it.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on February 22, 2022, 03:20:08 AM
Not so sure thats a smart move by Putin. Gets the west started on sanctions, puts the army on full alert,continues to give Ukraine time to prepare.... and all for being slightly closer to Kiev.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Get started on sanctions? Have they actually done this in any meaningful way?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on February 22, 2022, 04:10:58 AM
Get started on sanctions? Have they actually done this in any meaningful way?

They'll have a meeting today.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on February 22, 2022, 02:55:06 AM
Edit of a journalist reporting on the Ukraine situation in English, Luxembourgish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/syag3b/ap_journalist_gives_reports_on_ukraine_in_6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The depressing bit is that his German bit is for Servus TV which has become the main station for Covidiots in Austria.  :(

Excellent language skills though. His Portuguese is a mix of Brazilian and standard.