News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Looks to this lay person more like some sort of explosive and/or high velocity round that partially passes through them?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

It's ATGM, anti tank guided missiles. I've seen it explained by the Ukrainian unit commander. They have lots of them and muscovites are barely using armored vehicles these days (at least in his section of the front).

Syt

That makes sense. :)

(Though the gamer in me thinks ... "No, save it, you might need it sometime later" - and then never use it :D )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

https://www.euronews.com/2023/02/01/russia-unveils-new-busts-of-stalin-in-time-for-the-anniverary-of-the-battle-of-stalingrad

QuoteA bust of dictator Joseph Stalin was unveiled in the southern Russian city of Volgograd on Wednesday on the eve of commemorations of the Soviet victory in the Battle of Stalingrad.

The bronze bust was unveiled ahead of President Vladimir Putin's visit to Volgograd, formerly known as Stalingrad, on Thursday, for high-profile celebrations that will include a military parade.

Oh, those Russians...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on February 02, 2023, 03:31:35 AMhttps://www.euronews.com/2023/02/01/russia-unveils-new-busts-of-stalin-in-time-for-the-anniverary-of-the-battle-of-stalingrad

QuoteA bust of dictator Joseph Stalin was unveiled in the southern Russian city of Volgograd on Wednesday on the eve of commemorations of the Soviet victory in the Battle of Stalingrad.

The bronze bust was unveiled ahead of President Vladimir Putin's visit to Volgograd, formerly known as Stalingrad, on Thursday, for high-profile celebrations that will include a military parade.

Oh, those Russians...

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on February 02, 2023, 02:23:10 AMThat makes sense. :)

(Though the gamer in me thinks ... "No, save it, you might need it sometime later" - and then never use it :D )

Also "Those soldiers will be totally fine. Anti tank rockets need, what, 3 hits to kill an infantryman?"

Quote from: Tamas on February 02, 2023, 03:50:25 AM
Quote from: The Brain on February 02, 2023, 03:31:35 AMhttps://www.euronews.com/2023/02/01/russia-unveils-new-busts-of-stalin-in-time-for-the-anniverary-of-the-battle-of-stalingrad

Oh, those Russians...

Press the button again and flip it to pre Khrushchev USSR.
Hailing Stalin like this was decidedly uncool in the Soviet Union after his death.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Putis is of course, a totally uncool guy with a penchant for genocide. So no surprise there

Syt

https://twitter.com/MFA_Austria/status/1621054531931934720

QuoteMFA Austria
@MFA_Austria

Statement of the Austrian Foreign Ministry on four Russian diplomats in Vienna

—Stephen Jay Gould

Legbiter

Germans saying they're going to pull 88 mothballed Leopard 1s out of storage and send them to Ukraine. :hmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on February 02, 2023, 08:18:27 AMhttps://twitter.com/MFA_Austria/status/1621054531931934720

QuoteMFA Austria
@MFA_Austria

Statement of the Austrian Foreign Ministry on four Russian diplomats in Vienna

Any chance of Austria allowing reexport licenses on their vehicles?
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Legbiter

Quote from: The Larch on February 03, 2023, 07:18:39 AMLeopard Is? Those must be ancient.

Probably been sitting in a warehouse gathering rat droppings since the late 80's. So you'd need to strip them down to the hulls and rebuild them completely.  :hmm:

Might just be quicker to build new Leo 2s. We'll see.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

When the Russians are fielding T62s I guess it makes sense to field tanks designed to kill them :p
But yes. Its not so easy as just handing them over. Could take forever for them to see the field.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Legbiter on February 03, 2023, 07:03:39 AMGermans saying they're going to pull 88 mothballed Leopard 1s out of storage and send them to Ukraine. :hmm:

88  :lol:

I guess the Germans really don't have much of a sense of PR. 

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on February 03, 2023, 08:18:59 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on February 03, 2023, 07:03:39 AMGermans saying they're going to pull 88 mothballed Leopard 1s out of storage and send them to Ukraine. :hmm:

88  :lol:

I guess the Germans really don't have much of a sense of PR. 

Either that or whoever picked the number has secrets...  :ph34r:

But yeah, bit of a PR blunder.