News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Multipolar world update. :hmm:

QuoteHARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — Belarusia's authoritarian President Alexander Lukashenko arrived in Zimbabwe to pomp and fanfare on Monday, in a visit that seeks to cement economic and political ties between the two countries that are both close allies of Russia.

Zimbabwe President Emmerson Mnangagwa and hundreds of singing and cheering ruling party supporters welcomed Lukashenko at the main Robert Gabriel Mugabe airport in the capital, Harare. The leaders didn't speak to the press.

The visit, according to Zimbabwe's foreign affairs ministry, is aimed at boosting "strong cooperation in political, economic, mining, agriculture and disaster risk management" between the two countries.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

Irans drone factory seems to have been bombed.
Americans ?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Tamas

Maybe Saudis on American encouragement? I can't see Israel taking a risk to help Ukraine.

Valmy

We did kill that Iranian general several years ago but we usually don't bomb factories. That would a little too directly provocative under the circumstances.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2023, 04:11:18 PMMaybe Saudis on American encouragement? I can't see Israel taking a risk to help Ukraine.
That's my thoughts. They've been keeping neutral. Weird they'd get involved.
Though perhaps as some sort of backroom deal with America they would.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2023, 04:11:18 PMI can't see Israel taking a risk to help Ukraine.

I agree.  But it does not only help Ukraine.  Taking out drone manufacturing facilities in Iran is also of assistance to Israel.

grumbler

It's a token attack.  You can't take out factories with the size of warheads you could get on a drone.  Unless maybe a drone B-52.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2023, 05:10:57 PMIt's a token attack.  You can't take out factories with the size of warheads you could get on a drone.  Unless maybe a drone B-52.

Do we know how the factory was bombed?

crazy canuck

Just did a quick google search to see if I could answer my own question.  And it turns out Israel has claimed responsibility for the attack.  And they used drones.

But it appears what they attacked was a missile manufacturing facility, not a drone manufacturing facility.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/29/world/middleeast/iran-drone-strike-israel.html

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Can somebody attest to the historical faithfulness of this recreation?  :P

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1618192698959360001

QuoteAt the end of last year, Sergei Ivanov, a local politician in the Russian city of Syzran, reportedly used a state grant worth the equivalent of around £25,000 to stage a reenactment of the WW2 Battle of Kursk in a university sports hall

DGuller

Story is that these tanks went straight to the front after the reenactment.

PDH

Quote from: DGuller on January 30, 2023, 07:01:56 PMStory is that these tanks went straight to the front after the reenactment.
So far their survival rate is higher than the T-72s
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOw4_X8JjZA

Biden says US will not send F16s; 49% support sending more military aid, 47% do not.