What is the Greatest State / Worst State

Started by alfred russel, August 01, 2014, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2014, 04:49:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 01, 2014, 04:45:22 PM
People get a little weird/creepy out in the small towns

Well they are people in small towns. :unsure:

Yeah, but I'm talking really weird people in really remote small towns.  I was advised by the president at the bank I was visiting not to try to engage in small talk with the people in this one town and that it would probably be best to avoid eye contact.  Apparently most of them lived on ranches and really, really took their privacy seriously.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

LaCroix

Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2014, 04:41:26 PM:ultra:

You realize that I'm about the only other person on this forum who ever sticks up for North Dakota, right?

Well see if I ever do it again.

you started it, northerner.  :mad:

but seriously, lots of people in the service industry down here aren't the biggest fans of manitobans. the hockey groups who come through and stay at hotels, for example, tend to be annoying assholes. also, the biggest complainers in my class are the manitobans.  :P

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 01, 2014, 12:40:11 PM
In my experience:

Greatest State:  New Jersey
Worst State:  New York

New York: worse then the Soviet Union
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grinning_Colossus

Greatest State: Georgia
Worst State: Kyrgyzstan
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Ideologue

Greatest state: United Nations.
Worst state: Siegebreaker "Republic."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on August 01, 2014, 07:16:43 PM
Greatest state: United Nations.
Worst state: Siegebreaker "Republic."

Is there anything "great" about the UN? :unsure:

I mean I guess their New York hotel is okay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

The black helicopters they send to punish the guilty.
Kinemalogue

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: LaCroix on August 01, 2014, 05:24:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2014, 04:41:26 PM:ultra:

You realize that I'm about the only other person on this forum who ever sticks up for North Dakota, right?

Well see if I ever do it again.

you started it, northerner.  :mad:

but seriously, lots of people in the service industry down here aren't the biggest fans of manitobans. the hockey groups who come through and stay at hotels, for example, tend to be annoying assholes. also, the biggest complainers in my class are the manitobans.  :P

So you're going to bitch about the only people who come to North Dakota voluntarily and of their own free will?  Heaven forbid some damn Manitobans come to your state to do some cross-border shopping!

I won't defend Manitobans who go to UND Law though.  Clearly they weren't smart enough to get admitted to Robson Hall (the U of Manitoba law school).   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on August 02, 2014, 01:15:12 AM
Best- Netherlands
Worst- Romania

First time in my life I've ever agreed with an utterance by the Squeeze.  :cheers:

Caliga

I don't think I can name one best and one worst, but here are a few states that I really like/dislike in each category:

Best: California, Florida, Texas, Georgia, New Mexico

Worst: Massachusetts, Wisconsin, Indiana

I might be picking on Wisconsin unfairly, but I've only ever been to Milwaukee, so if you know anything about Milwaukee you'll forgive me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I'm really not one to defend MA, but putting it in the worst category?