DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 04, 2014, 07:32:21 PM
That cactus mascot was pretty fetch.

And all the ladies say I'm pretty fly
For a cacti
Experience bij!

Ideologue

Quote from: Queequeg on August 04, 2014, 10:46:16 AM
I think you can but it's a massively complicated process.

And pics.

You know who I'm pretty sure converted without serious issues?  Tens of thousands of Bronze Age Iranians.  Sounds like some bullshit to me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

That's what she told me; at least I'll concede it was a more elegant way of rebuking my advances than "get lost fat bastard".  :Embarrass:

Ideologue

Nah, it's probably correct.  Zoroastrianism is like hipster Judaism.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

MadImmortalMan

I don't know why anyone likes Florida. Probably because I don't share their obsession with the ocean.

As for the Yugoslav Balkans--I think I mentioned once after visiting both Slovenia and Austria that Slovenian girls were mostly too good for the dudes they were with, and the Austrian guys were mostly too good for their girls. Some sort of trade would be in order.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Scipio

Illinois is the worst US state, IMHO; Alabama and Indiana tie for close seconds.

Best state is probably Minnesota or Wisconsin, although I do like Maine.

Parts of Mississippi are great, but parts of Mississippi are the vilest shithole on the planet.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

For most of us here probably the State of Undress.

crazy canuck

Its hard for me to choose between solid and liquid.  While I enjoy a great steak I also enjoy a great wine to go with that great steak. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on August 04, 2014, 10:46:16 AM
I think you can but it's a massively complicated process.

And pics.

Lots of forms to fill out.  In triplicate and cuneiform.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 06, 2014, 12:24:57 PM
Its hard for me to choose between solid and liquid.  While I enjoy a great steak I also enjoy a great wine to go with that great steak.

Oxygen is pretty awesome too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 06, 2014, 05:23:26 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 06, 2014, 12:24:57 PM

Oxygen is pretty awesome too.

So is the air we breathe.  I guess there is no greatest state.  They are all awesome. Although the gaseous state here in Vancouver is much better than it is in LA.  :)

MadImmortalMan

Are you sure? Better polluted than humid. Hong Kong, OTOH, is just screwed.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers