Started by alfred russel, August 01, 2014, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 02:46:59 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 01:21:25 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 01:12:02 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 01:09:07 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 01:07:26 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 12:48:27 PMWorst State: Extremadura; like Andalucía (hot, poor and dry) but without the good things of Andalucía (culture, night life and wine).

They do wonders with pork there, though.

I think that's a common trait of Iberian peoples though, nobody beats us at making all sorts of delicious stuff out of pork.

And in Extremadura they excel at that, so automatically they can't be the worst. Castilla la Mancha, though...

I admit it was a close call between Extremadura and La Mancha, but I love Toledo; few things in life not involving sex beat getting terminally drunk among those medieval walls.

Have you tried getting terminally drunk in Cáceres?

No, I've only been in Mérida. Wasn't impressed by the night life.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 01, 2014, 02:48:23 PM
I'd like to hear a little more about annoying Catalans.  Annoying how?

Rich, cheap and they secretly think they're better than you. That's the stereotype.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 02:52:27 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 02:46:59 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 01:21:25 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 01:12:02 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 01:09:07 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 01:07:26 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 12:48:27 PMWorst State: Extremadura; like Andalucía (hot, poor and dry) but without the good things of Andalucía (culture, night life and wine).

They do wonders with pork there, though.

I think that's a common trait of Iberian peoples though, nobody beats us at making all sorts of delicious stuff out of pork.

And in Extremadura they excel at that, so automatically they can't be the worst. Castilla la Mancha, though...

I admit it was a close call between Extremadura and La Mancha, but I love Toledo; few things in life not involving sex beat getting terminally drunk among those medieval walls.

Have you tried getting terminally drunk in Cáceres?

No, I've only been in Mérida. Wasn't impressed by the night life.

I was there as a kid and my only memory is the inhumanly atrocious summer heat.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 01, 2014, 02:48:23 PM
I'd like to hear a little more about annoying Catalans.  Annoying how?

I guess in the same way Canadians might find Québécois bitchy and annoying.

derspiess

Best: Either Colorado or Florida

Worst: New Jersey
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

LaCroix

Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 02:54:48 PMI guess in the same way Canadians might find Québécois bitchy and annoying.

like manitobans to north dakotans :yes:

Viking

Preved Medved, the inferior 49 can suck California cock.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

California has shitty taxes and people there are flakes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

It is a land of fruits and nuts.

And it has beaches that are freezing cold in July in Northern California.  Brrrrr
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 01, 2014, 04:05:41 PM
California has shitty taxes and people there are flakes.

Don't confuse LA and SF with the rest of California. Most of it is your kind of people.

Eddie Teach

Greatest state- Georgia.
Worst state- New Mexico. Though the western half of Texas is probably worse. Actually, the Dakotas are probably even worse than that but I've never been there.

Mississippi may be pretty dingy and poor, but at least it's green.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 02:53:09 PM
Rich, cheap and they secretly think they're better than you. That's the stereotype.

You kicked out your Jews so you had to make your own.

My theory about Jewish assimilation in the US is that the turning point came when they realized the importance of tipping.

Barrister

Quote from: LaCroix on August 01, 2014, 02:59:41 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 02:54:48 PMI guess in the same way Canadians might find Québécois bitchy and annoying.

like manitobans to north dakotans :yes:

:ultra:

You realize that I'm about the only other person on this forum who ever sticks up for North Dakota, right?

Well see if I ever do it again.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 01, 2014, 04:21:48 PM
Worst state- New Mexico. Though the western half of Texas is probably worse. Actually, the Dakotas are probably even worse than that but I've never been there.

I liked New Mexico each time I visited.  Local food is good (if you like green chilis, which I do).  Landscape is pretty cool and I lucked out with the weather being pleasant.  People get a little weird/creepy out in the small towns but they mind their own business.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 01, 2014, 04:45:22 PM
People get a little weird/creepy out in the small towns

Well they are people in small towns. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.