News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What is the Greatest State / Worst State

Started by alfred russel, August 01, 2014, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Of the states I've visited Mississippi was the dingiest and most run down looking.  Massachussets (at least Boston metro) has the nastiest people and the shittiest weather.

I'm hard pressed to come up with a best state.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 01:09:07 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 01:07:26 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 12:48:27 PMWorst State: Extremadura; like Andalucía (hot, poor and dry) but without the good things of Andalucía (culture, night life and wine).

They do wonders with pork there, though.

I think that's a common trait of Iberian peoples though, nobody beats us at making all sorts of delicious stuff out of pork.

And in Extremadura they excel at that, so automatically they can't be the worst. Castilla la Mancha, though...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 01, 2014, 01:11:46 PM
Of the states I've visited Mississippi was the dingiest and most run down looking.

I only spent any real time in the Vickburg area, but man, what a fucking dump.  Just depressing.

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2014, 01:10:53 PM
California best, Arizona worst.

I have hardly spent any time in Arizona, but if my impressions are right that is basically the same as my answer.  :hug:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 01:12:02 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 12:48:27 PMWorst State: Extremadura; like Andalucía (hot, poor and dry) but without the good things of Andalucía (culture, night life and wine).

I think that's a common trait of Iberian peoples though, nobody beats us at making all sorts of delicious stuff out of pork.

And in Extremadura they excel at that, so automatically they can't be the worst. Castilla la Mancha, though...

I admit it was a close call between Extremadura and La Mancha, but I love Toledo; few things in life not involving sex beat getting terminally drunk among those medieval walls.

PRC

Best State: Washington State
Worst State: North Dakota

Best Province: British Columbia
Worst Province: Quebec

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Pedrito

:lmfao:  :sleep:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 01, 2014, 01:11:46 PM
I'm hard pressed to come up with a best state.

I'm going to put my vote in for DC.

LaCroix

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on August 01, 2014, 01:21:25 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 01, 2014, 01:12:02 PM

I admit it was a close call between Extremadura and La Mancha, but I love Toledo; few things in life not involving sex beat getting terminally drunk among those medieval walls.

Have you tried getting terminally drunk in Cáceres?

Admiral Yi

I'd like to hear a little more about annoying Catalans.  Annoying how?