The biggest minority by nationality in your town

Started by Archy, July 31, 2014, 04:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archy

Which is the biggest group of immigrants in your town?
In keerbergen, my town, it are the Dutch coming to live here for tax reasons

Barrister

IN Edmonton, it's the same as a lot of other places - Chinese.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Poland
Turkey
Sweden (included Slargos for a while)
Iraq
Vietnam
Germany
Iran

(all these groups have more than half the number of the poles).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

No idea. I'd guess for London as a whole Indian - but there's lots of groups within that nationality. For Southward I couldn't even guess. Maybe Spanish - it's the second most spoken language but there's a lot of Latin Americans here too so :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

According to the latest census 5% of Cincinnati is foreign-born but that seems high.  I know people from all over Latin America are here, but we don't have many migrants from Mexico or Central America.  If I had to guess, I'd say Indian.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Apparently in 2011, most of New York's immigrant population was from Dominican Republic followed closely by China.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

(South) Asians.
But by 'biggest minority' I mean probably less than 20 or 30 people.
Today I was talking to some people I knew at a shop in town and we noticed an Arab couple was also in the shop. I couldn't help but exclaim "Wow. Don't normally see them around here". As I've mentioned before this town is so white we literally have a village black guy.
Its hard to tell which non-white people live in town and which only work here.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 31, 2014, 04:40:44 PM
No idea. I'd guess for London as a whole Indian - but there's lots of groups within that nationality. For Southward I couldn't even guess. Maybe Spanish - it's the second most spoken language but there's a lot of Latin Americans here too so :mellow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London

Black african actually. I would have guessed Irish or Scots though...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

If I had to guess either Portuguese or Argentinians.

Josquius

There was a nice map on the internet somewhere about most spoken languages after in English in the various London boroughs.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"