And we're back!

Main Menu

Thor is transexual!

Started by merithyn, July 16, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: LaCroix on July 18, 2014, 06:56:38 PM
they should make captain britain a pakistani for the reaction
I'm sure they would, if there was ever any chance of a Captain Britain movie.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2014, 06:42:24 AM
There was actually a stretch of time (from the late 90s through to the 2000s) where there was no Captain Marvel.  The guy version died of cancer in a public-service/awareness stunt (and he wasn't super popular anyways)

That seems a little unfair.  The Death of Captain Marvel is pretty great; whatever Starlin's motivations, it's definitely a real story.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

You need a female superhero?  Here's one: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/7/15/5903209/american-ninja-warrior-gymnast-video-obstacle-course-kacy-catanzaro

That may be the most amazing athletic performance I have seen.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

celedhring

Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2014, 06:51:30 PM
It could work, but it would feel weird.  Carol Danvers has always been one of those characters whose adventures are deeply intertwined with the Marvel Universe as a whole.  Maybe if she were to break out in an Avengers movie, but not before that.

Well, I think Hollywood's seminal fear of making big budget action movies anchored by women (I can only think of Angelina Jolie having succeeded in these roles) will probably be the biggest dampener.

I don't know how could they make the origin story without a male Marvel, either. I think a big part of her pathos is how she receives these powers from him and sets herself to be the kind of hero Mar-Vell was, and ends up replacing him entirely.

Viking

Quote from: LaCroix on July 18, 2014, 06:56:38 PM
they should make captain britain a pakistani for the reaction

The made captain marvel pakistani...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Viking on July 19, 2014, 03:41:07 AM

The made captain marvel pakistani...

Kamala's the new Ms. Marvel.  Ironically, Carol Danvers is the new Captain Marvel, so she's pretty much fulfilled the role she was originally designed for now.
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on July 18, 2014, 08:09:21 PM

Towson, Class of '12.  Who says the Tigers don't have top notch athletes.  :lol: :wubba:

QuoteAt just five feet tall, Catanzaro was an award-winning Division I all-around gymnast for the championship Towson team, which she led to a 20-5 record as a senior and a four-year mark of 75-16. As a senior, she was named the NCAA Southeast Regional Gymnast of the Year and the ECAC Gymnast of the Year. She won the all-around title at the ECAC Championship meet and the ECAC title on the bars, before graduating in 2012.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2014, 05:30:01 PM

Towson, Class of '12.  Who says the Tigers don't have top notch athletes.  :lol: :wubba:

QuoteAt just five feet tall, Catanzaro was an award-winning Division I all-around gymnast for the championship Towson team, which she led to a 20-5 record as a senior and a four-year mark of 75-16. As a senior, she was named the NCAA Southeast Regional Gymnast of the Year and the ECAC Gymnast of the Year. She won the all-around title at the ECAC Championship meet and the ECAC title on the bars, before graduating in 2012.
What's more impressive is that she made it out of TSU without becoming white trash.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on July 20, 2014, 08:22:21 PM
What's more impressive is that she made it out of TSU without becoming white trash.

Jersey Guidos always remain Jersey Guidos.

merithyn

You need a female superhero?  Here's one: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/7/15/5903209/american-ninja-warrior-gymnast-video-obstacle-course-kacy-catanzaro

Yeah, I saw that. She's amazing.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt