And we're back!

Main Menu

Thor is transexual!

Started by merithyn, July 16, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Labia Maxima, godess of roast beef sammiches

derspiess

Well, it's either that or Cee-Sectona, goddess of one-piece bathing suits.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on July 16, 2014, 12:29:22 PM
I thought the same thing. If they want more women and girls to read comics, dressing the women in something that will actually protect them would be a good start. And maybe bringing them down to a more manageable C-cup, while they're at it.
One thing at a time, please.  They gave her a breastplate, it's a start!  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Savonarola on July 16, 2014, 12:35:32 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on July 16, 2014, 11:26:44 AM
Even though this was announced on "The View" I'm not entirely convinced that girls are the target market:

It doesn't look like she'll need a hammer to pummel Loki. :perv:

I thought the same thing. If they want more women and girls to read comics, dressing the women in something that will actually protect them would be a good start. And maybe bringing them down to a more manageable C-cup, while they're at it.

Plus the mask makes her look like "Brunhilde the Dominatrix."

Thora, She-wolf of Asgaard?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

merithyn

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 16, 2014, 01:24:09 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 16, 2014, 10:18:42 AM
It does seem weird that thor, an established character beyond comic books, would be the one they would try this with. Surely a female captain America for instance would be far less silly?

Or perhaps that's their thinking, a lot more people know of the real Thor today than when the comic book character was first conceived, they're trying to draw far more of a line between superhero Thor and god Thor?

Which they've already started.  Captain Marvel's retired, and the former Ms. Marvel (Sharon Ventura) has stepped in as the new one.  Also, with the additional details provided by Viking, I beg to differ that "this is Thor."  This is more like Beta Ray Bill than Thor.

Or Red Norvill, minus Odin's interference.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

And maybe bringing them down to a more manageable C-cup, while they're at it.
:mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I gotta say that I'm not feeling the transphobia.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 16, 2014, 10:01:28 AM
My prediction: taking a page from West Coast Avengers (Scarlet Witch's twins are revealed to be illusions created by Master Pandemonium), this will go on for a few issues before being reverted with the excuse that Loki's trickery was somehow responsible for the gender change.

Funny thing, Loki transformed himself to a female on several occasions in Norse myth, and was the *mother* of some of the great monsters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on July 16, 2014, 10:33:06 AM
The thing is with Thor you have an easy transfer of powers without making up any other reason for the gender bend (curses, poison, retrovirus, nanomachines ...) - whoever is worthy of the powers can lift the hammer (e.g. Donald Blake found the hammer while on a walk in Norway and hiding from invading rock people from space).

So why not a female?

Indeed.  But that would get in the way of a bunch of people who don't read comics FREAKING OUT over shit they neither understand nor, really, care about in the first place.

I mean, it's not like this would be the first time this has happened.  Eric Masterson anybody?  Also Loki was a chick for like two years.  Also Thor was a frog one time.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on July 16, 2014, 10:47:31 PM

:rolleyes:

Yes, that's what it is.

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on July 16, 2014, 10:55:08 PM
Indeed.  But that would get in the way of a bunch of people who don't read comics FREAKING OUT over shit they neither understand nor, really, care about in the first place.

I mean, it's not like this would be the first time this has happened.  Eric Masterson anybody?  Also Loki was a chick for like two years.  Also Thor was a frog one time.

That's not the point. Why not have a female superhero with a strong storyline that's all her own? Not one of the uber-boobed, under-armored chicks who mostly simper and/or connive. Rather, a woman as strong, capable, and lovable as Wonder Woman? Of all of the comics out there, there is one really awesome female superhero with a great storyline.

It can't be that hard to come up with one. Instead, they've chosen to usurp a guy's. It's annoying.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on July 16, 2014, 11:11:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 16, 2014, 10:47:31 PM

:rolleyes:

Yes, that's what it is.

Words have meanings and hey, perhaps we shouldn't use them so sloppily.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on July 16, 2014, 11:14:49 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 16, 2014, 10:55:08 PM

That's not the point. Why not have a female superhero with a strong storyline that's all her own? Not one of the uber-boobed, under-armored chicks who mostly simper and/or connive. Rather, a woman as strong, capable, and lovable as Wonder Woman? Of all of the comics out there, there is one really awesome female superhero with a great storyline.

It can't be that hard to come up with one. Instead, they've chosen to usurp a guy's. It's annoying.

The point seems to be you just wanted to whine about something insignificant*...and then for some reason also malign transgendered folk in the process.

*But that's fine, we all do that. :hug: