News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Thor is transexual!

Started by merithyn, July 16, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Apparently Thor does something that makes him unworthy of wielding the hammer and then is replaced by a thor fangirl who wears a mask and calls herself Thor. He, that is the original Thor will be doing something else while someone else is wielding the hammer.

If anything this is a riff on his origin, where Odin sends him to earth to learn humility. This might be the All-Mother (yes Odin has been replaced by a female too) either being part of some evil plot involving estrogen to destroy asgard or teaching thor ehh.. I don't know.. Feminism?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Savonarola

Even though this was announced on "The View" I'm not entirely convinced that girls are the target market:

It doesn't look like she'll need a hammer to pummel Loki. :perv:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Legbiter

I'm not sure Tranny Thor will be a seller.

Also it should be Thora, not Thor.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

celedhring

Meh, she isn't even hot. They are actually trying to be serious with this?

merithyn

Quote from: Savonarola on July 16, 2014, 11:26:44 AM
Even though this was announced on "The View" I'm not entirely convinced that girls are the target market:

I thought the same thing. If they want more women and girls to read comics, dressing the women in something that will actually protect them would be a good start. And maybe bringing them down to a more manageable C-cup, while they're at it.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Savonarola

Quote from: Legbiter on July 16, 2014, 11:41:20 AM
Also it should be Thora, not Thor.

They could have a tie in with Nickelodeon where she went on quests and taught children Swedish.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

grumbler

This smells an awful lot like a troll.  Even the quotes sound like troll-quotes.  I'll believe it when they sink a lot of money into it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Savonarola

Quote from: merithyn on July 16, 2014, 12:29:22 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on July 16, 2014, 11:26:44 AM

I thought the same thing. If they want more women and girls to read comics, dressing the women in something that will actually protect them would be a good start. And maybe bringing them down to a more manageable C-cup, while they're at it.

Plus the mask makes her look like "Brunhilde the Dominatrix."

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on July 16, 2014, 12:29:22 PM

Ok if the superheroes go into battle dressed up in tights and impractical capes your expectations cannot be this high.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

I'd do her.  But she's gotta keep the Brunnhilde helmet on.

Syt

Dunno, Thor's outfit is often not really geared towards protection, either (though he often has an armored shirt in recent years).

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on July 16, 2014, 10:18:42 AM
It does seem weird that thor, an established character beyond comic books, would be the one they would try this with. Surely a female captain America for instance would be far less silly?

Or perhaps that's their thinking, a lot more people know of the real Thor today than when the comic book character was first conceived, they're trying to draw far more of a line between superhero Thor and god Thor?

Which they've already started.  Captain Marvel's retired, and the former Ms. Marvel (Sharon Ventura) has stepped in as the new one.  Also, with the additional details provided by Viking, I beg to differ that "this is Thor."  This is more like Beta Ray Bill than Thor.
Experience bij!

Valmy

They always look like they are wearing their underwear outside of their pants.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: grumbler on July 16, 2014, 12:33:22 PM
This smells an awful lot like a troll.  Even the quotes sound like troll-quotes.  I'll believe it when they sink a lot of money into it.

Throll?

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on July 16, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

Diana/Artemis - Goddess of the Hunt
Boudica - Legendary female warrior
Freyja - Goddess of War
Cordelia - Legendary War Queen
Grainne - Irish Pirate that bested Queen Elizabeth I
Hervor - Sheildmaiden of the Vikings

Why not Cloacina, goddess of sewers and shit?

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017