[PBEM BOARD] La Grande Guerre - gloriously great WW1 game

Started by Tamas, July 07, 2014, 09:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Solmyr on July 13, 2014, 10:31:58 AM
These rules are more extensive than I thought. :P

Yes, I look forward to watching this game after Languishites digest this game system in a mere matter of hours.

11B4V

This needs to a a good on going AAR. a blow by blow  :)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

If we actually get going, I promise to at least attempt a turn-by-turn report from Russia/Serbia's perspective.  I leave it to Berkut, et al, to do the other side of things.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on July 13, 2014, 10:31:58 AM
These rules are more extensive than I thought. :P I'll try anyway. Advice will be accepted, of course. Who is playing what?

You and i are the central powers. You mainly need to choose if you want to handle the western front or the eastern front.

Solmyr

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

That should work out ok - the newbs on the West, the Pros in the East.

I finally have Vassal working as well. Still lots of rules that need reading. I've made my through the basic rulebook at least.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Quote from: Berkut on July 14, 2014, 11:45:59 AM
That should work out ok - the newbs on the West, the Pros in the East.

It's the opposite of RL.

Habbaku

Do we want to put a start date on this, then?  Knowing I have a time set will help me read the rules more quickly.   :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Germany declared war on August 1st so I think you should start that day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

I'll be waylaid in Pennsylvania at that time, so that won't work for me...

...unless we're trying to represent the delay of Russian mobilization?   :hmm:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Ok so:

France: Berkut
Russia: Habbaku
Germany: Solmyr
Austria-Hungary: Tamas

This means that the Western Front will be managed by Berkut and Solmyr. (by all chance, Italy will join Entente, in that case we will decide what makes more sense, but probably Solmyr will deal with that front), while East will be by me and Habs. Meaning that I will control German forces on the East, but Solmyr will have final say on what troops to send there, and how to allocate his munition and replacements between the two fronts.
And needless to say, Habs will be controlling the Serbs as well, hopefully running them into the ground in short order.

I am fine with starting on 1st of August, we will just do the Western Front first, Habs.

Solmyr

I will be in London on the 1st of August (which I'm sure Wilhelm II would have loved to do). Returning in the evening on the 3rd. So if we start in August I can begin on the 4th earliest.