News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Granny Tazed

Started by HVC, June 10, 2009, 11:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Here's a quick question: do the cops have to ask the elderly if they have a pacemaker before tasing them?
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on June 11, 2009, 09:37:56 AM
When did the authorities start commonly tazing people in old folk's homes?  :huh:
When crime went down, and cops became bored.

Malthus

Great. In the usual Languish manner, we have gone from the discussion of whether a particular incident showed justified restraint by the cop, to an endorsement of tazing the elderly on general principles.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

Quote from: Berkut on June 11, 2009, 08:56:25 AM

Tazing is a MUCH safer method of subduing the unruly elderly than actually physically grabbing them. I think it is becoming common in old folks homes as well.

When did the authorities start commonly tazing people in old folk's homes?  :huh:

I am not sure I would call people who work in old folks homes "authority", but I bet they like it.

And really, a light jolt, to "get their attention" is a lot more humane than the alternatives.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on June 11, 2009, 09:40:32 AM
When crime went down, and cops became bored.

I think cops just wandering into old folks home and zapping old people because they are bored might be some kind of human rights violation. We should check with Russia on that.

0 rows returned

PDH

I think tazing is soft.  I think first response with the elderly should be knee-capping, and maybe a few shots to the kidneys as well.  That will make them behave.  You have to start off tough, or they will think they can get away with too much.  Tough love, people, tough love.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on June 11, 2009, 09:43:47 AM
Great. In the usual Languish manner, we have gone from the discussion of whether a particular incident showed justified restraint by the cop, to an endorsement of tazing the elderly on general principles.  :D

I can think of several Languishites that need to be tazered regularly. Then thrown into a ditch and buried alive.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Hmmm. Since clearly tazing is not torture, can we use that as an "enhanced interrogation technique"?

0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on June 11, 2009, 09:46:12 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 11, 2009, 08:56:25 AM

Tazing is a MUCH safer method of subduing the unruly elderly than actually physically grabbing them. I think it is becoming common in old folks homes as well.

I am not sure I would call people who work in old folks homes "authority", but I bet they like it.

And really, a light jolt, to "get their attention" is a lot more humane than the alternatives.

I'd bet you'd call them "God" if they wanted you to, if you were 80 and they had the authority to taze you as they felt best.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius