News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Terror names linked to Air France 447

Started by Weatherman, June 10, 2009, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weatherman

QuoteTwo passengers with names linked to Islamic terrorism were on board the Air France flight that crashed in the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 228 on board, it has emerged.
French secret servicemen established the connection while working through the list of those who boarded the doomed Airbus in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on May 31.
Agents are now trying to establish dates of birth for the two dead passengers, and family connections.
There is a possibility that the name similarities are simply a "macabre coincidence," the source added, but the revelation is still being "taken very seriously."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Terror-Names-Linked-To-Doomed-Flight-AF-447-Two-Passengers-Shared-Names-Of-Radical-Muslims/Article/200906215300405?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15300405_Terror_Names_Linked_To_Doomed_Flight_AF_447%3A_Two_Passengers_Shared_Names_Of_Radical_Muslims

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

Impossible, internet and tv told me so.

Richard Hakluyt

Surely the screening process of making fat middleaged Americans remove their shoes and belts and searching European grandma's hasn't failed  :(?

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Malthus

Phew. I guess we don't have to worry about stuff like thunderstorms any more - just keep people with Islamic sounding names off of airplanes, and they will not crash.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Zanza

Quote from: Malthus on June 10, 2009, 11:21:31 AMjust keep people with Islamic sounding names off of airplanes, and they will not crash.  :P
I wonder if the two names they found were "Mohammed" and "Ali" or something like that. A clear match between the terrorist list and the passenger list!

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on June 10, 2009, 11:21:31 AM
Phew. I guess we don't have to worry about stuff like thunderstorms any more - just keep people with Islamic sounding names off of airplanes, and they will not crash.  :P

The experts I heard thought the actual chances of a thunderstorm taking down a plane were incredibly unlikely.  I don't really think we have that much to fear from thunderstorms or, you know, planes would be going down all the time.

That is not to say these two dudes had anything to do with it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2009, 11:29:01 AM
The experts I heard thought the actual chances of a thunderstorm taking down a plane were incredibly unlikely.  I don't really think we have that much to fear from thunderstorms or, you know, planes would be going down all the time.
The actual chance of a plane going down is also incredibly unlikely, so that proves nothing.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2009, 11:29:01 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 10, 2009, 11:21:31 AM

That is not to say these two dudes had anything to do with it.

From what I read that isn't the case at all. More like that experienced pilots in a modern airplane had the tools to avoid thunderstorms.

Violent or extreme turbulence caused by thunderstorms is considered extremely dangerous if rare, and pilots are supposed to avoid them for that very reason:

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009/06/01/f-turbulence-air-travel-altitude.html
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on June 10, 2009, 11:40:06 AM
The actual chance of a plane going down is also incredibly unlikely, so that proves nothing.

Presumably there are different degrees of unlikeliness...:unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on June 10, 2009, 11:40:06 AM

Well I hardly claim to be an expert on planes.  I merely saw an interview on the Lehrer News Hour.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Zanza2 on June 10, 2009, 11:28:13 AM
I wonder if the two names they found were "Mohammed" and "Ali" or something like that. A clear match between the terrorist list and the passenger list!
:lol: I've always thought the list of "names" used for that stuff is a complete joke for that reason... there have got to be, what, like 50 million people named Muhammad Hussein, for example?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Caliga on June 10, 2009, 11:47:03 AMthere have got to be, what, like 50 million people named Muhammad Hussein, for example?

None of whom should be allowed on planes.