News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I didn't pick the last two games. I could have equalized with FunkMonk! :lol:

The results go to show: good thing I'm not a betting man.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Next German friendly in September is against Argentina.  :lol:

Zanza

More passes completed than Messi...  :lmfao:

Brezel

Happy for Klose, class act deserving of championship. Müller though :x

Zanza

You couldn't dislike Müller if you would understand his interviews in German. He is a hilarious, down-to-earth guy.

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on July 13, 2014, 05:03:33 PM
Quote from: Liep on July 13, 2014, 05:01:39 PM
Golden Ball to Messi?

Of course, the Germans got to the final as a team, Argentina because of Messi. So probably deserved.

Nah, it just doesn't make any sense. Messi wasn't even the best Argentinian.
Maybe they gave it for effort, because of the puking.

The Larch

Quote from: Maladict on July 14, 2014, 06:13:25 AM
Quote from: Liep on July 13, 2014, 05:03:33 PM
Quote from: Liep on July 13, 2014, 05:01:39 PM
Golden Ball to Messi?

Of course, the Germans got to the final as a team, Argentina because of Messi. So probably deserved.

Nah, it just doesn't make any sense. Messi wasn't even the best Argentinian.
Maybe they gave it for effort, because of the puking.

They gave it to him because Adidas sponsors that award.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Grey Fox

Draxler has a pretty hot sister/girlfriend.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Angela Merkel with a venal, corrupt dictator. Also pictured Vladimir Putin.

Delirium

Good for Germany, clearly the best team in the competition and providing the most creative football as well, so world football is the better for it assuming that people will do what they did with Spain and spend the next few years emulating German élan.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Liep

Quote from: Delirium on July 14, 2014, 08:09:04 AM
Good for Germany, clearly the best team in the competition and providing the most creative football as well, so world football is the better for it assuming that people will do what they did with Spain and spend the next few years emulating German élan.

Yes, this was pretty much what our expect commentator said, the national coach Morten Olsen. "Football won tonight, as well as Germany".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2014, 12:53:56 AM
I still don't get it, personally.

Man I don't get you guys.  Why do you watch sports if you do not feel the joy or sadness or victory or defeat?  The sweeping emotions of the great drama before you?  I mean dudes throwing balls around on its own is only so compelling.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."